Valencia terminate goalkeeper Hildebrand’s contractDecember 5th, 2008 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Dec 5 (DPA) Spanish giants Valencia Thursday have terminated the contract of goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand.Hildebrand, 29, is expected to return to a club in his native Germany.
He has been linked with Bundesliga leaders Hoffenheim, Dortmund and Cologne, but his advisor Florian Krumrey also mentioned interest “from England and the French area.” Krumrey said Hildebrand will not comment on the transfer speculation.
A brief announcement on the club’s website Thursday stated that Valencia and Hildebrand “have today reached an agreement for the termination of the contract between them.”
The former German international goalkeeper won the Bundesliga title with VfB Stuttgart in 2007 and the same year left for free to Valencia on a contract until June 2010.
He became first-choice keeper with “Los Ches” last December, after coach Ronald Koeman dropped veteran Santiago Canizares. He played in 29 Liga matches last season, and helped Valencia to win the King’s Cup.
This season he has got on badly with new coach Unai Emery, and has not been included in the squad for a single match. He is now a free agent to join any club.
- Schalke signs goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand - Oct 22, 2011
- Goalkeeper Hildebrand extends contract with Schalke - May 09, 2012
- Unai Emery signs two-year Spartak deal - Jun 11, 2012
- German Bundesliga kicks off August 27 - Jun 27, 2012
- Pellegrino named as new Valencia coach - May 08, 2012
- Mertesacker saves Bremen as Hamburg and Schalke stumble - Nov 29, 2009
- Valencia torn between domestic and European aims - Mar 28, 2012
- Wolfsburg appoint McClaren coach - May 11, 2010
- Renan out for month, Valencia looking for another goalkeeper - Jan 19, 2009
- Borussia Dortmund edge out Bayern Munich in Bundesliga - Nov 20, 2011
- Mainz share points with Hoffenheim in Bundesliga - Feb 18, 2012
- Three-goal Leverkusen go top; more woe for Wolfsburg - Jan 25, 2010
- Emenike signs four-year extension with Spartak - Jun 26, 2012
- German coach Loew drops Cacau from Euro 2012 squad - May 29, 2012
- Cologne relegated, Dortmund break Bundesliga record - May 06, 2012