Use ‘colourful language’ like Jesus to save Christianity, urges VicarJuly 31st, 2010 - 2:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 31 (ANI): If Christianity is going to be taken seriously, it needs to ‘modernize’ and start using the ‘f word’ and other swear words more frequently, says a Vicar.
Reverend Michael Land claims that everyone should follow Jesus - who he claims did not have the politest of the languages.
“The reality is that he was poor, lacked any real education and did not fraternise with Pharisees or scholars. People today would probably be quite shocked at the language he used,” The Daily Mail quoted Land as saying.
“The church needs to modernise and that means keeping up with the trends in language. People view Jesus through tinted spectacles and place him on a pedestal,” he added.
Now, he has told his flock in the Herefordshire village of Burghill to go forth and start swearing like troopers.
Land admitted that he had lost his cool once and swore at someone too.
“Someone pulled out in front of me so I sounded my horn. The driver got out of his car and came over to me. I wound my window down and said ‘why don’t you learn to ****ing drive’,” he said.
“I would feel uncomfortable if he started effing during his sermons,” remarked an 80-year-old lady at the church where Land preaches.
But not all are against this new radical theory.
“For too long the Church has carried around this image of being something fluffy and quaint when in reality it is gritty and real and swearing is part of that,” said Mark Paul, another churchgoer.
The vicar also has a less than traditionally Christian view about doorstep begging, and said he didn’t turn away from shutting the door in people’s faces when they arrived at his door. (ANI)
- Vicar under fire for giving Holy Communion to dog - Jul 29, 2010
- Outraged women cancel UK church subscription after vicar tells them to "remain silent" - Feb 13, 2010
- Vicar banned from flying Jesus flag - because it advertises Christianity! - May 01, 2010
- We are open to all, says Church of England after complaint - Jul 01, 2010
- Where Jesus' language Aramaic lives on in Syrian village - Apr 22, 2012
- Vicar in UK sparks fury after dressing up as tart for party - Nov 18, 2010
- Hindus welcome Pope's message of "One human family" & ask him to embrace Roma cause - Oct 27, 2010
- Easter Sunday: He Came, He Saw, He Conquered - Apr 04, 2010
- Christianity in Egypt started 200 years earlier than thought - Nov 30, 2010
- US couple pull son out of school over assigned book defaming Jesus - Dec 08, 2010
- Schoolbook describes Jesus as 'wine-guzzling vagrant and precocious socialist' - Dec 14, 2010
- 'Dedh Ishqiya' shoot to begin September (Movie Snippets) - May 09, 2012
- Big B thanks 'family' for finding baby's morphed pic - Nov 22, 2011
- In god's name, kids start learning on Vijayadashami - Sep 26, 2009
- Controversy over Jesus Christ needless: Karat - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: christianity, daily mail, doorstep, f word, flock, jesus, languages, london, old lady, pedestal, pharisees, politest, radical theory, real education, reverend michael, sermons, spectacles, vicar