US woman sues McDonald’s claiming employee spat in her faceDecember 10th, 2010 - 5:39 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 10 (ANI): A woman in the US is suing McDonald’s claiming that an employee of the fast food joint spat in her face after refusing to sell her a cheeseburger, or to make her a ham, egg and cheese bagel.
According to the lawsuit filed in Cook County Circuit Court, Sarah Thienes had pulled up in a taxi to a McDonald’s in Chicago early one morning last December in hopes of buying a cheeseburger.
But when she ordered through the drive-up speaker, an employee told her in “an aggressive and unfriendly tone’” that she could not have a cheeseburger because only food on the breakfast menu was available.
Thienes alleged she then tried to order a ham, egg and cheese bagel, only to be rebuffed again by the employee, who yelled at her that ham cannot be included with any of the bagel sandwiches and that only bacon was available.
So she then ordered a bagel with bacon, but when she pulled up to the drive-through window, Thienes alleged the employee screamed, stuck her head out of the window and spat in her face.
Ron Lofton, who operates the McDonald’s franchise, said in a statement that he was aware of the lawsuit but hadn’t been served with a copy.
“As always, we investigate claims to gather the facts and take action as appropriate. At this time, these are just allegations,” the Daily Telegraph quoted him as saying.
Thienes said she filed a police report on the incident the following day, alleging that she suffered injury, embarrassment and humiliation.
She is suing for unspecified monetary damages. (ANI)
- Dutch court: Dismissal of McDonald's employee over cheese slice was not justified - Jan 26, 2010
- McDonald's to pay Brazilian ex-employee $17,500 for weight he gained on the job - Oct 29, 2010
- Princess Di's niece probed over claims she covered up for 'accomplice' - Mar 04, 2011
- McDonalds ad in Philippines pulled over - Apr 15, 2011
- Princess Di's niece charged with assaulting man on crutches in burger bar - Jan 15, 2011
- Starbucks sued for 'unreasonably hot' tea - May 06, 2010
- Suspect arrested in McDonalds' transgender beating case - Apr 26, 2011
- Rooney snapped on phone while driving - Jan 23, 2011
- James Franco stole cologne bottles and sold them in junior high - Dec 06, 2010
- Sharon Stone sued by former nanny - May 25, 2012
- Now, a McDonald's burger named after Shane Warne! - Nov 10, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger To Be Introduced At The Wisconsin State Fair - Aug 18, 2010
- 'Donald Duck' to go to court over 'groping' claims - Jan 04, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey is a religious icon, says US professor - Apr 24, 2011
- McDonalds Facing Lawsuit From US Consumer Group - Jun 23, 2010
Tags: allegations, bacon, bagel sandwiches, breakfast menu, cheese, cheeseburger, cook county circuit, cook county circuit court, daily telegraph, egg, embarrassment, fast food, franchise, humiliation, lofton, mcdonald, melbourne, monetary damages, police report, taxi