US woman jailed for abusing daughter, 2, on web-cam as teen watched in UKMarch 16th, 2011 - 4:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 16 (ANI): A woman in the US has been jailed for 20-years after she sexually abused her 2-year-old daughter while a teenager in UK watched her live via a web-cam.
Julie Carr, 33, from Maine, was sentenced a year after confessing that she recorded the videos for Nicholas Wilde, the teenager in Britain.
US District Judge John Woodcock said he had dealt with many child pornography cases and told the woman “yours is the worst case I’ve ever seen”.
According to the Bangor Daily News, when Carr pleaded guilty in February 2010, she admitted making four live videos of herself performing sex acts on her youngest daughter.
“What you have done, Ms. Carr, is violate the most basic bond of society, the bond between a mother and her child, the bond between a mother and her daughter,” the Daily Mail quoted Judge Woodcock as saying.
“It is incumbent upon me to protect the people who can’t protect themselves. I’ll tell you, unequivocally, that yours is the worst case I’ve ever seen.
“I have always thought possession was bad enough, but production is another level of evil.
“It never crossed my mind that pornography would be the child’s mother. The most natural response, after revulsion, is protecting the child,” he stated.
Carr’s three daughters were all under the age of 4 when she met Wilde on an Internet dating site. She made the sexually abusive live-chat videos of her youngest daughter, who was 34 months old at the time and still in nappies.
Assistant US Attorney Todd Lowell said Wilde had picked the girl out, as “she was the cutest”.
Police in the West Midlands region of England discovered the videos, which were recorded by Wilde, in June 2009 while investigating another child pornography case.
Wilde was arrested after sending child sex abuse images to a 16-year-old girl he met in an Internet chat room.
The girl and her mother contacted the police and Wilde was traced and subsequently arrested by officers from the child exploitation unit at West Midlands Police.
The teenager from Sheffield admitted 10 charges of making, possessing or distributing indecent images of children and also possessing extreme pornography.
Wilde also admitted two charges of incitement to commit sexual assault of a child under 13 - offences that led to the arrest of Carr.
“It was entirely for your benefit, at your direction, for the sexual gratification of Nicholas Wilde,” Judge Hilary Watson said of the exchange with Carr.
Jailing Wilde for four years and eight months, the judge added his youth was “very worrying”.
“You have your whole life ahead of you and the potential to re-offend is very great,” the judge added. (ANI)
- Oz student jailed for seeking 'vampire sex' online from girls under 14 - Feb 10, 2011
- Oz father jailed for 14 years after filming sexual abuse of stepdaughter - Nov 23, 2010
- French diplomat accused of sexually abusing minor daughter - Jun 15, 2012
- Brit cop howls like baby as he's jailed for having sex while on duty - Mar 16, 2011
- Incestuous father jailed in Australia - Jun 09, 2010
- Accused child pornographer runs in by-election - Aug 21, 2012
- Father gets 9-year jail term for raping, pimping disabled daughter to friends - Jun 08, 2010
- FBI Issues Warning Notice About Barbie "Video Girl" Doll - Dec 05, 2010
- Oz man gets suspended sentence for raping, impregnating sister - Jan 31, 2011
- Indian jailed in Australia for sexually abusing children - May 31, 2010
- Oz couple jailed for sex with 9-year-old son - Oct 15, 2010
- Argentines at odds over case of pregnant 11-year-old - Jan 22, 2012
- Australian jailed for having 60,000 child pornography images - Jul 26, 2010
- Battered baby remains critical, police hunt for parents (Roundup) - Jan 27, 2012
- 'Loner' teacher in UK jailed for lesbian affair with 15-year-old pupil - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: bangor daily news, child pornography, child sex abuse, daily mail, dating site, district judge, internet chat room, john woodcock, judge john, julie carr, natural response, old girl, pornography case, revulsion, sex acts, three daughters, uk london, west midlands region, worst case, youngest daughter