US woman arrested on charges of cocaine smugglingDecember 25th, 2010 - 7:15 pm ICT by IANS
Sydney, Dec 25 (IANS) An American woman, who was travelling with her two children, has been arrested at Sydney Airport with around two kg of cocaine, a media report said Saturday.Customs officials stopped the woman, 44, and her two children to x-ray their luggage when they arrived here on a flight from Miami via San Francisco Thursday, the Australian news agency AAP reported.
The screening revealed the drugs hidden in the lining of the woman’s suitcase.
The woman was charged by the Australian Federal Police with procuring children for importing or exporting marketable quantities of border controlled drugs or border controlled plants — the maximum penalty for this offence is life imprisonment and/or a $825,000 fine.
Her arrest followed the seizure of 2.5 kg of cocaine and arrest of a 23-year-old woman by US authorities Thursday in Miami.
- Indian questioned over Bali smuggling - May 29, 2012
- Four Britons, Indian held in Bali cocaine case - May 28, 2012
- Mexican drug cartel infiltrates Australia - Sep 15, 2010
- Three kg cocaine seized in Austria - May 04, 2012
- Hong Kong seizes $98 million cocaine - Jul 07, 2012
- Delta employees arrested in Detroit airport for international drug smuggling - Apr 29, 2011
- 20 kg cocaine seized at Hungary airport - Mar 14, 2012
- South African woman held at Mumbai airport - Aug 25, 2012
- Dubai police foils cocaine smuggling in Zambia - Jun 05, 2012
- Biggest date-rape drug seizure by Canada - Jan 27, 2011
- Spain busts gang that hid drugs in babies' diapers - Nov 29, 2011
- US woman finds $280K worth of drugs inside vacuum cleaner! - Jan 17, 2011
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- Colombian soldiers caught carrying cocaine - Jul 06, 2012
- Female teacher jailed for sex with boys - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,