US will disintegrate into six blocs by 2010: Russian academicMarch 31st, 2009 - 1:10 pm ICT by ANI
Moscow, Mar.31 (ANI): A Russian academic has predicted that the United States will disintegrate into six blocs by the summer of 2010, and warned that world leaders attending the second G-20 Summit in London will not be able to reverse the global recession or halt the inevitable collapse of the US economy.
In his interview with Sky News, Professor Igor Panarin said he came up with his grim forecast back in 1998 while analyzing the parallels between the Soviet Union in its final years and the current situation in the US.
“Mr. Obama is similar to the last Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev. Gorbachev was also making great promises for the Soviet Union, but the situation was only getting worse,” he said.By next summer, according to Professor Panarin, the US will disintegrate into six blocs - and everyone will get their piece.
The “Californian Republic” will fall under China’s influence, “the Texas region” under Mexico’s while Alaska will revert to Russian control.
Hawaii will come under Japanese or Chinese rule, East Coast states should join the EU, while central northern parts of the US may gradually drift under Canada’s influence.
Panarin is the dean of International Relations at Moscow’s prestigious Diplomatic Academy.
His high-profile students have included parliamentary deputies, regional leaders, Kremlin officials and Foreign Ministry spokespeople.
When he presented his views in a public lecture earlier this month, the Ministry invited foreign diplomats and media to attend.
Panarin’s controversial predictions have also been given a prominent platform in his country’s state media. His interview to a Russian daily was translated by a state news agency into four languages.
He has appeared on state-controlled TV channels, his views broadcast to local and worldwide audiences in Russian, English and Arabic.
Panarin’s predictions offer comforting words for Russians who have seen their economy hit hard by the economic downturn after the oil-fuelled boom years.
He sees Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin “as a leader who will reintegrate the post-Soviet space, create a Eurasian Union, modelled after the European Union. (ANI)
- Russia-Saudi Arabia: A growing strain - Sep 06, 2012
- Gorbachev plans to revive former party - Mar 22, 2012
- Putin not interested to solve Russian problems: Gorbachev - Aug 16, 2011
- Russia needs fair elections: Gorbachev - Sep 22, 2011
- Gorbachev urges Russia election re-run - Dec 24, 2011
- Stalin's grandson files libel suit against Russian parliament - Nov 22, 2011
- Gorbachev's granddaughter gets married secretly - Mar 22, 2010
- Victory in Afghanistan 'impossible': Gorbachev - Oct 27, 2010
- Lenin's body may be removed from Red Square mausoleum: Gorbachev - Jan 21, 2011
- Gorbachev accuses Putin of obstructing democracy in Russia - Oct 27, 2010
- Reagan's handwritten changes to 'Evil Empire' speech on display - Jan 06, 2011
- Gorbachev reveals how he prevented Third World War in 1989 - Nov 04, 2009
- Congress, Russia's ruling party to exchange experiences - May 28, 2012
- Gorbachev urges Russia to adopt new approach to 'terrorism' - Feb 11, 2011
- Half of Russians want Lenin buried: Poll - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: blocs, chinese rule, comforting words, diplomatic academy, east coast states, economic downturn, foreign ministry, global recession, inevitable collapse, kremlin, mikhail gorbachev, obama, public lecture, regional leaders, russian control, russian english, sky news, soviet leader, spokespeople, worldwide audiences