US wants civilian rule in Pakistan: PattersonNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:32 am ICT by admin
“The US does not support the emergency and wants Musharraf to hold the general elections by mid-January 2008,” sources said.
Earlier, while briefing foreign envoys, Musharraf refused to specify a timeframe for the general elections and for doffing his uniform.
He said these were important decisions, and he would decide after consulting experts, the Daily Times quoted sources, as saying.
Musharraf briefed the envoys on his phase-wise approach towards restoring democracy. It was Musharraf’s second consecutive briefing to envoys in the last two days.
Musharraf urged the envoys to understand Pakistan’s situation, and reiterated that the judiciary had been creating hurdles in the smooth functioning of the government.
Major General Qureshi said the envoys understood Musharraf’s “reasons” for imposing the emergency. (ANI)
- Pakistan rejects international criticism of emergency - Nov 14, 2007
- 'Musharraf may take time to doff uniform' - Nov 14, 2007
- Zardari promised Kayani he would grant pardon, immunity to Musharraf: WikiLeaks - Dec 04, 2010
- WikiLeaks: Zardari, Kayani worked for Musharraf's 'honourable exit' - Dec 08, 2010
- War against Pakistan militants to take 15 years: US cable - Dec 05, 2010
- 'PML-N a "pro-American" party', Nawaz, Nisar told US envoy: WikiLeaks - Dec 01, 2010
- ISI chief Pasha was conspiring against Zardari: Malik to Patterson - Dec 04, 2010
- US envoy apologises to Pakistan for helicopter raid (Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- Zardari, Kayani systematically worked for Musharraf's 'honourable exit': Wikileaks - Dec 08, 2010
- 'Kayani doing backdoor politics after learning from Musharraf's mistakes': Wikileaks - Dec 01, 2010
- Patterson refutes Musharraf's allegations over Shujaat's role in NRO deal - Oct 09, 2010
- Musharraf to hold public meet via video Sunday - Apr 16, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Qureshi denied contact for hours with US officials - Jun 01, 2010
- Don't come back, ISI chief told Musharraf in Dubai - Jan 24, 2012