US, Vietnam to hold joint navy activitiesJuly 8th, 2011 - 2:49 am ICT by IANS
Washington, July 8 (IANS) The US and Vietnam will hold joint navy activities this month, a Vietnamese official said.
Vietnamese foreign ministry spokesperson Nguyen Phuong Nga said Thursday that the two countries will hold the naval activities in the Vietnamese port city of Da Nang July 15- 21, Xinhua reported.
She said three US Navy vessels - USS Preble, USS Chung Hoon and United States Naval Ship (USNS) Safeguard - will visit the Tien Sa port of Da Nang.
The US Navy visit is part of a scheduled annual activity that aims to increase cooperation between the two naval forces’ humanitarian activities and exchange of professional knowledge, she said.
- US warships to visit Vietnam - Apr 18, 2012
- With China on mind, Krishna heads to Vietnam - Sep 13, 2011
- USS Decatur in Chennai on three-day visit - Mar 16, 2011
- Indian-American woman captains US warship to India - Mar 16, 2011
- Vietnam sues US over anti-dumping tax - Apr 23, 2010
- Celebrating India-ASEAN ties on high seas - Sep 14, 2012
- Vietnam navy chief seeks expansion of defence cooperation - Jun 27, 2011
- Vietnam, US to hold high-level defence talks - Aug 16, 2010
- Vietnam protests China's tourism plan in disputed islands - Jan 05, 2010
- Navy's diving salvage exercise begins near Port Blair - Jan 05, 2011
- USS Ford to visit Galle - Oct 10, 2011
- India, Vietnam to increase defence, security cooperation - Sep 16, 2011
- UAE probes Indian fisherman's killing by US ship (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- US ship didn't warn Indian fishermen: Dubai police chief - Jul 19, 2012
- Indian commerce minister meets Vietnamese PM - Mar 08, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,