US, UK, UAE ask Pakistan not to bar Benazir’s returnNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:22 am ICT by admin
“The said countries have asked the Pakistan Government not to politically destabilise the country by using such militant threats to bar Bhutto from landing at Karachi Airport,” he said.
Leading newspapers of Pakistan recently carried Mehsud’s quote, which said that Bhutto would be his target on her arrival.
“Since Baitullah Mehsud did not clarify the said news, so the cronies of Musharraf have started playing up this card as they are fearful of a political demise following the arrival of Benazir Bhutto,” said a senior PPP leader.
He also confirmed the information regarding the intervention by the US, the UK and the UAE with regard to the smooth homecoming of Bhutto.
The News quoted him as saying that senior PPP leaders has met Bhutto in Dubai and asked her not to delay her arrival.
When contacted, a senior Interior Ministry official said the government has given two bullet-proof cars for Bhutto’s security and the PPP has also been allowed to import two more bullet-proof vehicles. (ANI)
- Zardari said Mehsud not behind Benazir's killing: WikiLeaks - Dec 04, 2010
- Musharraf asked to answer '32 questions' over Benazir murder case - Nov 23, 2010
- PPP probe report confirms Musharraf, Elahi not involved in Benazir's assassination - Apr 08, 2011
- Musharraf delays return to Pakistan - Jan 19, 2012
- Benazir Bhutto was killed by the Taliban: report - Nov 16, 2010
- Bhutto's security was Musharraf govt's responsibility: Malik - Apr 25, 2010
- Musharraf knew of plot to kill Benazir, reveals probe - Feb 10, 2011
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Musharraf to defy Pak court's non-bailable arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf's supporters in global protests against arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 18, 2011
- Benazir was promised she would be PM: Forensic report - Feb 09, 2011
- Musharraf charged with providing Baitullah with 'opportunity to murder Benazir' - Feb 12, 2011
- Don't come back, ISI chief told Musharraf in Dubai - Jan 24, 2012
- Pak Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud's aide arrested in Karachi - Feb 23, 2011
- Musharraf approaching international powers to fob off Pak govt 'witch hunt' - Apr 15, 2011
Tags: benazir bhutto, bullet proof cars, bullet proof vehicles, cronies, government official, homecoming, interior ministry, karachi airport, life threat, militant leader, ministry official, musharraf, newspapers of pakistan, pakistan government, political demise, ppp, target, uae