US turning countries against Iran: AhmadinejadApril 5th, 2012 - 10:09 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, April 5 (IANS) No country would have adopted a hostile attitude towards Iran if the US had not exerted pressure on it to change its policy on Tehran, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said.
“If the political pressure by the United States had not been there, no other country would have had problems with Iran because Iran is not a threat to the interests of any European country,” Mehr quoted Ahmadinejad saying in a interview with public service German TV broadcaster ZDF.
He also commented on the approach that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has adopted towards Tehran’s nuclear programme, saying that the UN nuclear watchdog did not act “independently” and is influenced by major powers.
At the end of last year, US President Barack Obama signed the National Defense Authorisation Act, a part of which is aimed at choking off Iran’s crucial oil revenue by targeting its central bank and financial sector.
The law allows the Obama administration to slap sanctions on foreign banks that engage in oil transactions with Iran’s central bank and cut them off from the American financial system.
- Clinton says diplomacy with Iran not infinite - Apr 05, 2012
- Iran unveils latest nuclear achievements (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- We don't need to sell oil to Europe: Ahmadinejad - Jan 27, 2012
- Obama orders freeze on Iranian property - Feb 07, 2012
- US Congress passes new sanctions against Iran - Aug 02, 2012
- Iran passes bill to reduce ties with Britain - Nov 27, 2011
- Russia may build more n-reactors in Iran - Nov 10, 2011
- IAEA team to visit Iran as EU slaps oil imports ban - Jan 24, 2012
- Iran unveils nuclear achievements, cuts oil exports (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Enough global oil to sideline Iran: Obama - Mar 31, 2012
- Iran accuses US of pressuring IAEA - Nov 06, 2011
- Iran to send man into space by 2019 - Jul 24, 2010
- Iran not to retreat an iota from its rights - May 12, 2012
- Iran working on atomic bomb: IAEA - Nov 09, 2011
- Ahmadinejad to unveil nuclear achievements Wednesday - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: atomic energy agency, barack obama, financial sector, foreign banks, german tv, hostile attitude, international atomic energy, international atomic energy agency, international atomic energy agency iaea, iran, mahmoud ahmadinejad, oil revenue, president mahmoud ahmadinejad, s central, sanctions, tehran, tv broadcaster, united states, watchdog