US troops in Iraq shown raunchy videosJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Jan 3 (IANS) The US is probing how raunchy videos, with sexual and anti-gay remarks, were produced and shown to the crew of an aircraft carrier deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan.The videos, shown to those on board the USS Enterprise in 2006 and 2007, and descriptions of their content were first published during the weekend by website of The Virginian Pilot newspaper in Virginia.
The newspaper said the videos were shown to nearly 6,000 crew.
The videos feature a man identified by two navy officials as Capt. Owen Honors, who at the time was the executive officer - or second-in-command - of the USS Enterprise.
Honors recently took command of the carrier, winning one of the most coveted assignments in the US Navy that has 11 aircraft carriers.
In the video, he is shown cursing, with other members of his staff, to demonstrate humour. There are anti-gay slurs, simulated sex acts and two female sailors in a shower together, the report said.
The investigation has been ordered by Adm. John Harvey, head of the Navy’s Fleet Forces Command, after the videos were described in the newspaper.
The navy said the production of such videos, “like the ones produced four to five years ago on USS Enterprise”, were not acceptable then and are still not acceptable today.
US Navy spokesman Chris Sims termed the videos “inappropriate”.
- US Navy probes top officer on aircraft carrier 'making lewd videos' - Jan 03, 2011
- Owen Honors Comes Under Scanner Over USS Enterprise Video Scandal - Jan 04, 2011
- USS Enterprise Video Creates Controversy - Jan 03, 2011
- Tailhook Scandal: Captain Owen Honors Sacked - Jan 05, 2011
- Glenn Close Says Navy Captain Owens' Video is Insulting - Jan 06, 2011
- Glenn Close calls US Navy officer's use of her image deeply offensive - Jan 05, 2011
- Tailhook scandal: Captain Owen Honors fired - Jan 05, 2011
- Mumbai born US naval commander dies suddenly - Nov 11, 2011
- Memo documents Obama's order to get Osama - Apr 27, 2012
- Glenn Close finds the Navy video 'insulting' - Jan 06, 2011
- Indian-American woman captains US warship to India - Mar 16, 2011
- US deployed three aircraft carriers to support Operation Geronimo - May 11, 2011
- U.S. Navy plane carrying four service members crashes in the North Arabian Sea - Mar 31, 2010
- US aircraft crashes in Gulf, search on for missing crew member - Apr 01, 2010
- Russia, US to hold anti-terror drill - Oct 04, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,