US to build new embassy building in MoscowFebruary 27th, 2012 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Feb 27 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The US will build a new building at its embassy compound in Moscow for consular services to meet the growing demand from Russians wishing to visit the US for business, tourism or education purposes.
According to the US embassy, the seven-storey building will house consular and visa departments. It will also accommodate the embassy’s civil services catering to US tourists and expats living, studying or working in Russia.
The upper floors will be taken up by agencies promoting cooperation with the Russian government, including the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and foreign trade missions.
The foundation stone will be laid this summer and the building will be completed in 2015.
- Russia printing Syrian currency - Jun 14, 2012
- Germany detains Russian couple on spying charge - Oct 22, 2011
- Pussy Riot members found guilty in Russia - Aug 17, 2012
- Russia to sell 52 choppers to China - Sep 06, 2012
- Russian army helicopter crashes - Aug 16, 2012
- Kyrgyzstan scraps visas for 44 nations - Jun 14, 2012
- Seven die in central Moscow apartment fire - May 17, 2011
- Tsunami to hit US west coast, Alaska - Mar 11, 2011
- Anti-Assad protesters attack Russian embassy in London - Aug 17, 2012
- Russian physicist Sergei Kapitsa dies at 84 - Aug 14, 2012
- Russia, US to set up Mi-17 repairs centre in Afghanistan - Jun 02, 2011
- US expels top Venezuelan diplomat - Jan 09, 2012
- Russia toughens anti-doping regulations - Jun 08, 2011
- Pussy Riot members found guilty in Moscow (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Russia's richest tycoon names $100 mn Yacht after mother - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: business tourism, centers for disease control, centers for disease control and prevention, consular services, dg, disease control and prevention, education purposes, embassy compound, foundation stone, national aeronautics and space, national aeronautics and space administration, new embassy, ria novosti, russian government, russians, seven storey, trade missions, upper floors, us embassy, working in russia