US teen’s debut single ‘Friday’ goes viral for being worst pop song everMarch 18th, 2011 - 3:32 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 18 (ANI): A debut single from a teenager in America has gone viral after it was revealed to be the worst pop song ever.
Rebecca Black, 13, was pushed into the limelight after Comedy Central’s website posted a link to her song ‘Friday’ under the headline Songwriting Isn’t For Everyone, News.com.au reported.
The heavily auto-tuned track has already had more than 10 million views and while her age-appropriate fans may consider her the next Justin Bieber, other music fans have protested loudly about the banality of the track.
The ratings button on the YouTube clip has been disabled and Black has out-trended the Japanese earthquake tragedy for the past few days.
Reviewers have said that “it’s so bad, it’s good” for its lyrical content.
The amateur musician seems to have been launched to online infamy by a Los Angeles company called Ark Music Factory, which operates casting calls for teen singers to record their tunes. (ANI)
- 'Worst pop song of all time' gets 10 mn YouTube hits - Mar 18, 2011
- Rebecca Black smashes Justin Bieber's record on Youtube - Apr 19, 2011
- Dhanush regales Kolkata on Christmas - Dec 25, 2011
- Rebecca Black feels cyberbullied from 'Friday' YouTube video backlash - Mar 19, 2011
- Kelly Clarkson is not a fan of auto-tune - Oct 18, 2011
- Over 20 mn hits for 'Kolaveri Di', still a long way to go - Dec 12, 2011
- Who Is Justin Bieber’s New Girlfriend? - Nov 13, 2010
- Justin Bieber Launches ‘Pray’ Video On Facebook - Nov 27, 2010
- Justin Bieber's voice gets software adjustment - Jul 05, 2012
- Rebecca Black lip syncs on 'Jay Leno' show - Mar 24, 2011
- With millions of hits, 'Kolaveri Di' on song - Nov 24, 2011
- 'Kolaveri Di' crosses 50 million hits - Mar 26, 2012
- Speaking English was a huge problem for me: Dhanush - Dec 28, 2011
- 'Kolaveri Di' crosses 50 million hits (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Nicole Scherzinger is a beast on stage - Dec 09, 2010
Tags: 10 million, amateur musician, ark music, banality, casting calls, comedy central, few days, infamy, japanese earthquake, justin bieber, limelight, lyrical content, music factory, music fans, news com au, pop song, rebecca black, reviewers, teen singers, youtube clip