US supports restoration of full democracy in PakistanNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:56 am ICT by admin
Asked why the US has not made official comment on the outcome of the presidential election in Pakistan, Dana Perino said that since the Supreme Court of Pakistan is currently looking at the issue Washington would not comment on it ahead of the court verdict.
On Saturday, the White House had congratulated Pakistan on holding the presidential election but avoided making any specific comment on its outcome, the Daily Times reported.
The US had congratulated Pakistan on successful completion of the presidential election, but did not comment on the outcome of the vote.
White House spokesman Scott Stanzel hailed Pakistan as an important ally, and said that the US looks forward to working with all Pakistani leaders on important issues, including counter terrorism.
“Pakistan is an important partner and an ally to the United States and we congratulate them for today’s election,” White House spokesman Scott Stanzel said.
“We look forward to the Electoral Commission’s announcement and to working with all of Pakistan’s leaders on important bilateral, regional and counter terrorism issues,” he added. (ANI)
- US, EU greet Egyptian president-elect on his win (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- World leaders congratulate Hollande - May 07, 2012
- US congratulates Egyptian president-elect - Jun 25, 2012
- White House applauds Myanmar by-election - Apr 03, 2012
- Zardari optimistic on ties with US - Jun 10, 2012
- US official congratulates India on financial action task force membership - Jul 03, 2010
- US-Pak talks on April 21-22 for improving 'strained' bilateral relations - Apr 09, 2011
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Biden says Taliban isn't US enemy - Dec 20, 2011
- Obama congratulates new Philippine president - Jun 10, 2010
- US-Russia cooperation based on interests: White House - Mar 09, 2012
- Obama, Zardari discuss counter-terrorism efforts, Pak's Blasphemy Law - Jan 15, 2011
- Obama must ensure his prez campaign does not derail: Experts - Mar 15, 2011
- Pakistan views Khar-Clinton meet as 'positive, constructive' - Feb 24, 2012
- Bobby Jindal backs Romney as Santorum quits - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: ally, congratulate, counter terrorism, court verdict, dana perino, democracy, electoral commission, hailed pakistan, pakistani leaders, presidential election, press secretary, supreme court of pakistan, terrorism issues, white house press, white house spokesman