US, South Korea hold military drillJune 22nd, 2012 - 2:29 pm ICT by IANS
Seoul, June 22 (IANS) South Korea and the US Friday staged one of their largest live-fire drill that involved fighter jets, Apache attack helicopters, armoured vehicles and around 2,000 soldiers.
The one-day exercise took place in Pocheon, northeast of Seoul, Xinhua reported citing the South Korean defence ministry.
The drill — presided over by South Korean Prime Minister Kim Hwang-sik — was aimed at checking military preparedness and war-fighting capabilities against enemy provocation, the ministry said.
- S. Korea hold new massive army, air force drills in show of force against N. Korea - Dec 23, 2010
- Oz PM Gillard to visit Japan, S. Korea, China and UK - Apr 13, 2011
- South Korea, US hold air defence drills - Oct 15, 2010
- Pyongyang condemns South Korea-US military drill - Aug 19, 2012
- Kim Jong-un signs order of battle - Aug 27, 2012
- South Korea tightens security ahead of n-summit - Mar 24, 2012
- U.S.-Korean joint military drill announced during Antony's Seoul visit - Sep 03, 2010
- Report: South Korea begins live-fire drill near border with North - Dec 20, 2010
- South Korea puts new cruise missile into service - Apr 19, 2012
- Pyongyang protests US-South Korea military drill - Mar 04, 2012
- Kim Jong-un inspects artillery unit before South Korea-US drill - Aug 18, 2012
- India, France urge Korea to comply with UNSC and IAEA BoG resolutions - Dec 06, 2010
- North Korea warns Seoul over military drill - Feb 19, 2012
- S. Korean defence minister resigns over slow response to N. Korean shelling of island - Nov 26, 2010
- North Korea to conduct nuclear test in 2011? - Dec 25, 2010
Tags: apache attack helicopters, capabilities, defence ministry, exercise, fighter jets, fire drill, hwang, military drill, military preparedness, prime minister, provocation, seoul, sik, south korea, xinhua