US soldier gets life for restaurant attackAugust 11th, 2012 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Aug 11 (IANS) A US Muslim soldier who plotted to attack a Texas restaurant filled with other soldiers has been jailed for life.
Naser Jason Abdo told police that he planned to carry out the deadly attack because he did not appreciate what his unit did in Afghanistan, Xinhua reported Friday.
Abdo was absent without official leave from Fort Campbell, Kentucky, at the time of the attack last summer.
The 22-year-old also possessed bomb-making materials when he was held at a Fort Hood-area motel.
In May, a federal jury convicted him of six charges, including attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction.
- AWOL solider indicted in Fort Hood bomb plot - Aug 10, 2011
- US soldier arrested with bomb-making materials - Jul 29, 2011
- US-Muslim soldier wants to quit over mismatch between his God and war in Afghanistan - Sep 03, 2010
- AWOL soldier Pvt. Nasser Jason Abdo arrested near Fort Hood - Jul 28, 2011
- Saudi man in US custody for terror plot - Feb 25, 2011
- Islamic group wants US Muslim soldier quitting over Afghan war-God mismatch punished - Sep 04, 2010
- Plot to attack US school foiled - Aug 18, 2011
- High security for I-Day celebrations - Aug 12, 2011
- Al-Qaeda supporter sentenced to 86 years in prison for shooting at U.S. agents - Sep 24, 2010
- High security in place for Independence Day in Delhi - Aug 14, 2011
- Kentucky-based soldier from New York killed in eastern Afghanistan - Jun 11, 2010
- U.S. soldier who died in Afghanistan identified - Jun 09, 2010
- Obama congratulates team that killed Osama - May 07, 2011
- Convicted Tahawwur Rana loses retrial plea - Jun 12, 2012
- Pakistani-American indicted in Times Square car bomb attempt (Lead) - Jun 18, 2010