US should support India’s pursuit for UNSC permanent seat, says McCainNovember 6th, 2010 - 8:06 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Nov.6 (ANI): United States’ Republican Party has stated that America should fully back India’s pursuit for a permanent seat in the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
Senior Republican Senator John McCain has said, “if we want India to join us in sharing the responsibilities for international peace and security, then the world’s largest democracy needs to have a seat at the high table of international politics.”
McCain said it while speaking on Indo-US ties at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Washington Friday night.
India, McCain said, must be represented in the foundational institutions of the global order.
He said, the United States should push for India’s inclusion in the International Energy Agency, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, and those parts of the global non-proliferation regime from which India is still excluded.
McCain’s endorsement for India’s bid for the UN Security Council gain significance given the bipartisan nature of support on Indo-US relationship and the emergence of Republican Party as a strong force after the Tuesday’s mid-term polls, in which it gained majority in the US House of Representatives.
It maybe noted that the Republicans won majority in the US House of Representative in the November 2 mid-term elections.
Outsourcing of US jobs to India and other countries was one of the major issues during the election. (ANI)
- US must support India's Security Council bid: McCain (Lead) - Nov 06, 2010
- Outsourcing not an Indian plot to steal US jobs: McCain - Nov 06, 2010
- India strong candidate for permanent UNSC membership: Russia - Dec 16, 2011
- Kashmir no excuse for Pakistan's Haqqani ties: Senator - Apr 19, 2012
- McCain lauds improving security in Jammu and Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 18, 2011
- US House resolution to back India's UNSC bid - Nov 22, 2010
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Greater Indo-US cooperation needed on non-proliferation and defence: Burns - Nov 21, 2009
- Carnegie Endowment keen on centre in New Delhi - Nov 09, 2011
- Obama endorsement, a bold foreign policy stroke: US experts - Nov 09, 2010
- Anna protests: McCain lauds India's democracy - Aug 18, 2011
- China backs Pakistan for UNSC seat - Oct 19, 2011
- Stalled US-India ties require 'bold leap forward': Experts - Oct 21, 2010
- Endorse India's quest for UNSC seat: US expert - Oct 29, 2010
- India to gain from strained US-Pak ties - May 05, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,