US school sets world record with 27 hours of drummingMay 14th, 2009 - 5:38 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 14 (ANI): A group of US school students have made a new world record by drumming for 27 hours and 23 seconds.
Students at Rock Hill High School in South Carolina began the drum roll at 5pm on May 8 and continued to play until around 8pm the next day.
The 27 musicians lent a helping hand in raising 3,600 dollars which will now be spent on new equipment for the school band, reports the China Daily.
Percussion director Michael Skellett told a local newspaper: “It’s been a huge success. Plus, we got to break a world record in the process, which is cool.”
One student, Jason Piers, piped the previous individual world record by two minutes but his name may not officially enter the Guinness since he did not complete the paperwork in advance.
Piers, who kept the drum roll on for four hours and 10 minutes, revealed he would appeal for his efforts to be officially recognised since the video footage of the attempt existed.
He added: “If not, I’ll do it next year.” (ANI)
- Gujarat sets 6 Guinness records in golden jubilee year - Jun 14, 2011
- Assam cop is longest barefoot runner in world - Apr 17, 2012
- Assam constable runs 156 km barefoot - Jan 31, 2012
- Cuban man sets fifth Guinness record - Nov 21, 2011
- US students register longest kiss record in Guinness Book - Sep 27, 2010
- Chicago school sets new 'high-five' world record - Sep 13, 2010
- America's Got Talent: Episode 5, Seattle - Jun 19, 2011
- Stressed? Drum it away - May 15, 2011
- Chinese students form longest human chain - Aug 12, 2010
- Dubai's Princess Tower enters Guinness Records - May 21, 2012
- Argentine beats India's Guinness record in guitar marathon - May 19, 2010
- Indian Musician Ranjit Barot To Set Music At The World Economic Forum In Davos - Jan 29, 2011
- Pakistani man sets tree plantation world record - Sep 29, 2010
- Rabindra dance marathon lands her in Guinness book - Apr 26, 2012
- Ranjit Barot to perform at WEF gala in Davos - Jan 28, 2011
Tags: 5pm, china daily, drum roll, guinness, helping hand, hill high school, lent, musicians, New Delhi, new world record, paperwork, percussion, piers, rock hill high school, school students, south carolina, two minutes, video footage