US ready to aid Iran in quake reliefAugust 13th, 2012 - 8:33 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Aug 13 (IANS) The White House has expressed condolences over the loss of life in Iran’s latest earthquake, and said Washington was ready to help.
“The American people send the Iranian people our deepest condolences for the loss of life in the tragic earthquake,” Xinhua quoted White House spokesman Jay Carney as saying Sunday.
“Our thoughts are with the families of those who were lost, and we wish the wounded a speedy recovery,” he said, adding “we stand ready to offer assistance in this difficult time,” he said.
At least 300 people were killed and 2,600 injured in the earthquake that jolted Iran Saturday.
- US condemns death sentence of Iran pastor - Feb 24, 2012
- Indian parliament pays tribute to tsunami victims (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Obama condoles loss of lives in the Philippines typhoon - Dec 20, 2011
- Manmohan Singh condoles loss of lives in Myanmar earthquake - Mar 26, 2011
- US condemns death sentence for Iran pastor - Sep 30, 2011
- U.S. expresses condolences to China after deadly quake - Apr 15, 2010
- US condemns Iraq bombings - Mar 21, 2012
- Obama orders freeze on Iranian property - Feb 07, 2012
- New Iran sanctions not to disrupt oil markets: US - Feb 03, 2012
- PM condoles deaths in Myanmar quake, offers help - Mar 26, 2011
- There's still time and space for diplomacy on Iran: US - Aug 14, 2012
- US sees no Iranian role in ending Syrian violence - Jul 11, 2012
- ADB offers support for quake-hit Japan victims - Mar 14, 2011
- 300 killed in twin quakes in Iran (Lead) - Aug 12, 2012
- Obama orders US flag at half mast after gurdwara killing - Aug 07, 2012