US pursuing carrot and stick focus on N. Waziristan operationsMarch 28th, 2011 - 2:16 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Mar. 28 (ANI): The United States is considering various options, including typical hardcore solutions based on its carrot and stick policy in repairing strained relations with Pakistan by demanding military operation in North Waziristan Agency without any further delay.
Diplomatic sources told The Nation that Washington had been weighing various options in response to Islamabad’s March 17 protest over Washington’s inhuman drone hit on a peace congregation in North Waziristan Agency that claimed 39 lives.
Sources said there has been zero communication between the US State Department and the Pakistan Foreign Office since March 17 when US Ambassador to Pakistan Cameron Munter was summoned and told in no uncertain terms that the drone strike was unacceptable.
Munter had then pledged to leave for Washington on March 19 to hand over Pakistan’s press note, but instead revisited the Foreign Office on March 25 to invite Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir for a visit to the United States.
Pakistan boycotted the trilateral meeting of Afghanistan, Pakistan and United States in Brussels on March 26 as a mark of protest ostensibly with the view that Washington would tender an apology but so far it has not happened.
Washington is reported to be weighing various options with a major focus on pressuring Pakistan to launch a meaningful military operation in North Waziristan, a region seen as a terrorist hub. (ANI)
- Pakistan lodges strong protest with US over Angoor Adda drone attack - Apr 14, 2011
- Pakistan air force on high alert - Mar 19, 2011
- Pakistan urging 'friends' to pressurise US to end drone attacks: Gilani - Apr 14, 2011
- Pak warns US not to take it for granted or treat it as a client state - Mar 19, 2011
- US in no mood to tender apology to Pakistan over 41 civilian drone attack casualties - Mar 22, 2011
- Pak public should come out on streets against US drone attacks: Shahbaz Sharif - Apr 27, 2011
- Preparations underway for Pak Foreign Secretary's visit to US - Apr 11, 2011
- Washington invites Bashir to mend US-Pak ties tattered by drone attack, visa issues - Apr 06, 2011
- Pak to boycott trilateral US-Afghan talks in protest against drone strike - Mar 19, 2011
- Clinton admits relations with Pak 'very challenging' - Mar 28, 2011
- US rules out ending drone strikes in Pakistan - Apr 21, 2011
- Pak demands US' apology and explanation over drone attacks in Waziristan - Mar 18, 2011
- Pakistan to boycott trilateral Afghan talks over US drone attack civilian casualties - Mar 25, 2011
- Pakistan summons US diplomat to protest drone strikes - Aug 23, 2012
- Pakistan drops out of trilateral meeting in protest of U.S. drone attacks - Mar 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,