US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds pollJanuary 13th, 2011 - 6:53 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 24 (ANI): A new poll has found that potential Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is ahead of his Republican rivals in next year’s Iowa caucuses.
The survey from Democratic-allied Public Policy Polling (PPP) found Huckabee winning 30 percent of GOP primary voters in the Hawkeye State.
Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney garnered 18 percent of respondents, followed by former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin at 15 percent and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at 13 percent.
A number of state and national polls suggest an early lead for Huckabee, most recently a GOP survey that gave him a more narrow edge over Romney in Iowa.
Another survey that measured the likely GOP field’s name recognition and favorability found that Huckabee is the best known of 13 possible candidates.
According to the PPP poll, almost a third of voters are undecided about who would be their second choice, pointing to a wide-open race if the first-in-the-nation caucus contest yields the usual multiple rounds of voting, Politico reports.
The automated survey had a margin of error of 4.4 percentage points. (ANI)
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Lowans still looking for outstanding GOP contender ahead of Caucuses: Poll - Apr 30, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Gingrich wins key Republican primary in South Carolina - Jan 22, 2012
- Gingrich, Romney in dead heat spar over immigration - Jan 27, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney coasts to second victory in a row - Feb 05, 2012
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Obama most popular candidate for 2012 election: Survey - Mar 24, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
- Ex-Massachusetts Governor Romney's Nevada edge getting smaller - Apr 29, 2011
- Most Iowa Republicans say Obama wasn't born in US: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: alaska governor sarah palin, former house speaker newt gingrich, gop field, governor mitt romney, governor sarah palin, hawkeye state, house speaker newt gingrich, iowa caucuses, margin of error, massachusetts governor, mike huckabee, mitt romney, narrow edge, national polls, new poll, newt gingrich, republican presidential candidate, republican rivals, sarah palin, speaker newt gingrich