US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: PollMarch 3rd, 2011 - 4:56 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 3(ANI): A new poll has found that potential Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee continues to edge out his potential 2012 rivals in next year’s Iowa caucuses.
The Wall Street Journal/NBC News survey released on Wednesday showed Huckabee winning 25 percent of likely Republican voters, followed closely by former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney at 21 percent.
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has garnered 13 percent of the vote and former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin 12 percent, but no other GOP hopeful tops single-digits.
President Barack Obama continues to be well-positioned against his potential GOP rivals, leading Romney 49 percent to 40 percent, Politico reports.
Forty-eight percent of voters nationally approve of the President’ performance, and 46 percent disapprove.
The poll has a sampling error of plus or minus 3.1 percent. (ANI)
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Romney GOP's only New Hampshire hope: Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Obama needs Palin on the same ticket to win Arizona in 2012 - Feb 03, 2011
- Romney coasts to second victory in a row - Feb 05, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South - Mar 13, 2012
- Romney faces tough fight in deep South (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Palin most unfavorable among Obama's potential 2012 Republican challengers: Poll - Jun 12, 2010
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Obama's approval ratings soar despite disappointments over health-employment issues - Jan 22, 2011
- Romney, Santorum face showdown in Obama's home state - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: alaska governor, barack obama, former house speaker newt gingrich, gop rivals, governor mitt romney, governor sarah palin, house speaker newt gingrich, iowa caucuses, massachusetts governor, mike huckabee, mitt romney, nbc news, new poll, newt gingrich, republican presidential candidate, republican rivals, republican voters, sampling error, speaker newt gingrich, wall street journal