US offers help in Russia flood disasterJuly 8th, 2012 - 8:18 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 8 (IANS) The US has offered help to overcome a devastating flood in Russia, RIA Novosti reported.
At least 150 people died in floods triggered by heavy rains Friday in southern Krasnodar region.
“The United States government is saddened by the loss of life, injuries, and devastation that resulted from flooding in Krasnodar region,” the US embassy said Sunday.
“Our deepest condolences go out to the families of the victims of this tragedy.
“We stand ready to assist the government of Russia and the Krasnodar region should there be a request for such help,” it said on its website.
Several cities were affected. Over 5,000 homes were flooded.
The floods have disrupted power, gas and water supply lines, automobile and rail communication.
- Putin visits flood affected region - Jul 08, 2012
- Over 140 dead in Russian floods (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Russia rains: Toll rises to nearly 80 (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Russia to spend $280 mn on flood-hit town - Jul 16, 2012
- Rains, floods kill 50 in Russia - Jul 07, 2012
- Russia mourns flood deaths - Jul 09, 2012
- 11 dead in Russia flooding - Oct 17, 2010
- Russian flood toll rises to 100 - Jul 08, 2012
- Plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jul 04, 2011
- Russian teenager chokes to death in sunflower seeds - Jun 30, 2012
- Russian flood toll rises to 144 - Jul 09, 2012
- Minute's silence at Russian Super Cup - Jul 14, 2012
- Four kids among 171 dead in Russian floods - Jul 10, 2012
- Russian football to pay tribute to flood victims - Jul 09, 2012
- Putin reaches flood-hit town - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: automobile, deepest condolences, devastation, flood disaster, floods, government of russia, heavy rains, krasnodar region, moscow, ria novosti, tragedy, united states government, us embassy, water supply