US mums launch clothing line to address adolescent bullyingMarch 20th, 2011 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, March 20 (ANI): Two North Carolina mothers have launched a new clothing line - Be a Friend custom clothing, designed to generate dialogue about the importance of being a friend and standing up for anyone who is bullied or mistreated.
Be a Friend clothing features graphics of animated, diverse friendships that children and adults alike will find appealing. A percentage of each sale is donated to organizations that work on bullying prevention or those that help children with special needs.
Be a Friend was co-founded by Melissa and Meredith Weiss and the clothing lines can be used by parents, educators and organizations to engage dialogue about the importance of being a friend.
“We are two mothers who have seen the effects that bullying can have on children and communities,” said Weiss, “and we wanted to help increase awareness of the issue and help children and families find fun, comfortable ways to talk about these serious issues.”
“Our hope is for schools to be caring and bully-free communities where kindness is cool, cruelty is not, and students know that standing up for someone being bullied or mistreated is not tattling but is the right thing to do,” said Weiss. (ANI)
- Six weeks old kids practicing yoga Down Under - Aug 09, 2010
- UN holds Holocaust memorial ceremony - Jan 28, 2012
- Skin pigment could revolutionise medical electronics - Jun 28, 2012
- Autistic kids face bullying thrice over, says study - Mar 27, 2012
- Drama, innocence & creativity on bookshelf (IANS Books this Week) - Jun 02, 2012
- British kids call police after bullying on Facebook - Apr 13, 2012
- How to save your child from bullying - Jan 25, 2011
- Parents can help prevent child bullying: Study - May 03, 2010
- Parents can minimise chances of kids becoming bullies - May 02, 2011
- Parental involvement key to preventing bullying - May 03, 2010
- Parents' role key in preventing kids from becoming a bully - May 02, 2011
- Mother hits her starving kids out of fear - Oct 13, 2010
- Role reversal: Kalandars turn angels for sloth bears (Feature, With Images) - Feb 05, 2012
- GLAAD Initiates Spirit Day To Show Support For Bullied Gay Teenagers - Oct 20, 2010
- Kids with chronic illness, disability vulnerable to bullying - Oct 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,