US mum ‘robs bank on her way to pick up kids from school’September 26th, 2010 - 3:54 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sep 26 (ANI): When a mum in the US robbed a bank, she made a special request of not calling the police for 15 minutes-as she had to pick her kids from school.
Erica Anderson went into an Umpqua Bank branch in Grants Pass, Ore., and handed the teller a note demanding cash.
“The note also instructed the teller to wait 15 minutes before calling law enforcement or else two kids wouldn’t make it home from school,” People magazine quoted Detective Sgt. Dennis Ward.
Anderson fled the bank with 1,300 dollar with Joshua K. Deeter Tseu driving the getaway car, said Ward.
The officers who responded within minutes were baffled and concerned by the note fearing children were in danger.
Instead, said Ward, “She didn’t want to be late picking up her kids.”
Anderson was arrested in her driveway, not long after picking up her kids at a local elementary school.
Anderson reportedly appeared concerned about what might happen to her daughters following her arrest.
“But I guess if she was really all that concerned about their welfare, she probably wouldn’t be committing bank robbery.
“We average between three and five bank robberies a year. But I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anything quite like this,” added Ward. (ANI)
- Newlywed Erica Marshall dies in a freak accident - Feb 14, 2012
- The Prom Dress That Ruined The Prom Night - May 31, 2010
- Montana Bank Robber Calls "Getaway" Taxi Cab - Oct 28, 2010
- NY man sentenced for seven bank robberies in Tucson, AZ - Mar 02, 2010
- Erica Lee has been fired from the 'Scott and Erica Morning Show' - Jan 08, 2010
- Armed Brazilian demands bank returns her $25 - Aug 03, 2012
- Bieber is great with kids: David Beckham - Nov 18, 2011
- Christine O'Donnell alleges that Piers Morgan tried to harass her - Aug 19, 2011
- I've considered throwing in the towel, says Gillian Anderson - Mar 29, 2011
- Two Arrested In San Jose For Allegedly Setting Up Bank Robbery - Jan 08, 2011
- US teacher accused of having sex with teen student - Mar 23, 2011
- Bieber doesn't believe in Santa Claus - Dec 19, 2011
- Jessica Alba wants her children to make their own career choices - Aug 19, 2011
- Ex-trainer slams Madge for opening her own gym - Jan 19, 2011
- Late parenthood made me more focussed: Watts - Sep 28, 2011