US, Israel responsible for Syrian insecurity: IranJuly 20th, 2012 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, July 20 (IANS) Iran has blamed the US and Israel for creating insecurity in Syria, Xinhua reported Friday.
According to Fars news agency, Iranian Defence Minister Brigadier General Ahmad Vahidi said the US and Israel were responsible for insecurity in Syria. However, the Syrian army was capable of restoring security in the country.
Vahidi told newly-appointed Syrian Defence Minister General Fahad Jassim al-Freij over phone Thursday that Damascus was facing a US-Israeli plot against the resistance front but Iran was confident that Syria’s powerful army could disappoint Washington and its regional allies, the report said.
On Wednesday, three people, namely Syrian defence minister Dawood Rajha, his deputy Assef Shawkat and assistant vice president Hassan Turkmani, were killed and many others injured after a blast hit the national security headquarters in Damascus.
- Syrian defence minister, deputy killed in Damascus bombing (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Syria situation 'spinning out of control' : US - Jul 19, 2012
- Assad's wife not in Russia: Syrian envoy - Jul 19, 2012
- CIA 'secret army' seeks to destroy Syria: Report - Aug 09, 2012
- Syrian defence minister killed in Damascus bombing - Jul 18, 2012
- Iran warns against foreign military intervention in Syria - Aug 04, 2012
- Russia hits out at West's 'chilling' stance on Syria - Jul 25, 2012
- Israel closely monitoring Syrian violence - Jul 19, 2012
- Syria was shocked at top Hezbollah operative's assassination two yrs back: Wikileaks - Dec 08, 2010
- Iranian parliamentary delegation in Syria for talks - Aug 26, 2012
- Israel on alert for Syrian weapons - Jul 19, 2012
- Iran stresses support to Syria - Aug 27, 2012
- Iran plans to sell more arms to 'friendly' states - Mar 11, 2012
- Syrian president threatening Israel is media provocation: Russia - Oct 06, 2011
- Arab League adopts sanctions against Syria - Nov 28, 2011
Tags: ahmad, assistant vice president, brigadier general, damascus, dawood, fahad, hassan, insecurity, iran tehran, iranian defence minister, jassim, minister general, national security, news agency, regional allies, security headquarters, shawkat, syria, syrian army, xinhua