US has moral obligation to protect those revealed by ‘WikiLeaks’ leak on Afghan war: MullenAugust 2nd, 2010 - 4:14 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, August 2 (ANI): Unites States’ Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen has said that the country has ‘moral obligation to protect those named in top the secret Afghan war documents released by ‘WikiLeaks’.
“We do have a moral obligation given their exposure and given what they’ve done, to do all we can to ensure their safety,” the CBS News quoted Mullen, as saying.
“The Taliban are looking at the names that are leaked. I certainly think that’s an indicator of what’s possible,” he added.
He called the release of classified Afghan war documents by the website ‘WikiLeaks’ “appalling.”
Earlier this week Mullen accused WikiLeaks’ founder, Julian Assange, by saying that he might have “blood on the hands,” of soldiers or Afghans whose identity have been revealed.
“I very much meant what I said,” Mullen stressed.
He further called the organization ‘irresponsible’ for releasing information and taking advantage of it. (ANI)
- Pentagon reviewing leaked classified documents to minimise risks to Afghans - Jul 29, 2010
- WikiLeaks founder's mom demands apology from "out of step" Oz PM - Feb 05, 2011
- Britain doesn't know who it is dealing with: Ecuador - Aug 19, 2012
- WikiLeaks' Assange to guest star on 'The Simpsons' - Jan 31, 2012
- US worried over damage Wikileaks expose could cause - Aug 02, 2010
- Gillard rejects Assange's legal help plea over Wikileaks disclosure of US cables - Feb 02, 2011
- Julian Assange appears in court - Jul 13, 2011
- End witch-hunt against WikiLeaks: Assange urges US - Aug 19, 2012
- Vet war files to save Afghanis, WikiLeaks told Pentagon - Aug 05, 2010
- Iraqi PM criticizes timing of Wikileaks disclosure - Oct 24, 2010
- Swedish prosecutor seeks arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Assange - Nov 18, 2010
- Wikileaks to release 15,000 more secret files - Aug 13, 2010
- WikiLeaks founder's mother worried after Interpol alert - Dec 01, 2010
- WikiLeaks releases 2.4 mn e-mails on Syria - Jul 05, 2012
- Julian Assange alleges that he has secret files on Murdoch - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: admiral mike mullen, afghan war, afghans, cbs, cbs news, chairman of joint chiefs, chairman of joint chiefs of staff, chiefs of staff, joint chiefs of staff, julian assange, moral obligation, taliban, war documents, wikileaks