US gives 30 helicopters to Pak ArmyNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:42 am ICT by admin
Rasool thanked the US Government, and said that the induction of these helicopters into the army would significantly enhance their operational capabilities.
Speaking at the formalising ceremony of the final acceptance and transfer of 25 Bell-412 helicopters to the army at Qasim Airbase, Patterson said that the induction of these helicopters would strengthen Pakistan Army’s efforts to fight extremism and bring peace and stability to the region.
“This event demonstrates the continued commitment of the US to cooperation with Pakistan,” Patterson said.
“Our military assistance programme are for the long term. They are the foundation for cooperation and engagement, and a way to strengthen our bonds as partners and allies,” the Daily Times quoted Patterson, as saying.
“Today we celebrate the beginning of Phase-II. The Pakistan Army now takes ownership of these helicopters,” a senior American diplomat said.
“The US will continue to provide support and training as Pakistan establishes a helicopter force capable of enhancing combat operations, providing security, and engaging in medical evacuations and humanitarian relief throughout the region,” the official added.
During the first phase of the project, Pakistan leased the helicopters while the US provided the resources, funding, training and support to help Pakistan establish a strong and reliable helicopter fleet. (ANI)
- US hands over two Bell 412 EP helicopters to Pak for counterinsurgency efforts - May 19, 2010
- Pak to purchase 10 Bell 412 helicopters from US - May 25, 2010
- US delivers new helicopters to Pakistan - May 18, 2010
- Pak Army to acquire 20 Super Cobra combat helicopters from US - Dec 31, 2009
- IAF commanders assess force levels - Oct 12, 2011
- IAF inducts US-made aircraft in transport fleet (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Pakistan army chief, PM discuss national security - Dec 10, 2011
- IAF inducts C-130J Super Hercules transporter - Feb 05, 2011
- Terror in Kabul: Antony asks armed forces to be vigilant - Apr 16, 2012
- IAF inducts C-130J-30 Super Hercules tactical airlift aircraft - Feb 05, 2011
- US set fire to equipment before leaving Pakistan airbase - Dec 12, 2011
- PAF inducts second Saab-2009 surveillance aircraft in its fleet - Dec 29, 2009
- Pakistan to reassess ties with US, NATO: Gilani - Dec 10, 2011
- Army to be lethal, agile force with two-front war capability - Jan 14, 2011
- PAF inducts three F-16s received from US in its fleet - Jun 27, 2010
Tags: airbase, american diplomat, anne patterson, army now, bell 412, cooperation, defence secretary, helicopter fleet, helicopters, humanitarian relief, induction, kamran, medical evacuations, military assistance, operational capabilities, pak army, pakistan army, peace and stability, qasim, rasool