US Fritzl says Jesus has cured himNovember 14th, 2009 - 12:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 14 (ANI): Phillip Garrido, dubbed the “American Fritzl”, who held a girl captive for 18 years and fathered two children with her, has semmingly apologised to victim Jaycee Dugard, insisting that his sexual deviancy had been cured by Jesus.
The 58-year-old wrote a letter from jail to a US TV station.
It said: “First off I want to apologise to every human being for what has taken place.”
The letter went on: “People all over the world are hearing testimony that through the spirit of Christ a mental process took place ending a sexual problem believed to be impossible.”
His lawyer Susan Gellman claimed the letter showed “genuine remorse”, reports The Sun.
She said: “He would like people to consider the fact that he’s a changed man.”
Garrido and his wife, Nancy, are charged with abducting Dugard from a South Lake Tahoe bus stop in 1991 when she was just 11 and holding her captive for 18 years in their backyard. Both have pleaded not guilty.
Dugard was reunited with her family on Aug 27 after Garrido’s parole officer raised the alarm.
The agent had summoned Garrido, a registered sex offender, after two University of California Berkeley police employees grew suspicious of him when he showed up at the campus with two girls and asked for a permit to hold a religious event. (ANI)
- US sex slave awarded $20m settlement for 18 yrs in captivity - Jul 02, 2010
- Jaycee Dugard's home video to air on ABC on Friday - Mar 05, 2010
- Phillip Garrido fathered two children with abducted California girl - Aug 28, 2009
- California Assembly Passes $20 Million Settlement Bill For Jaycee Dugard - Jul 02, 2010
- Jaycee Dugard Memoir Is Going To Be Out Soon - Sep 28, 2010
- US Fritzl Phillip Garrido to face sex victim in court - Sep 15, 2009
- Jaycee Lee Dugard 'saved her life by becoming second wife to US Fritzl' - Aug 31, 2009
- Jaycee Dugard's kidnapper is mentally ill - Feb 26, 2010
- Jaycee Dugard reunited with family after 18 years - Aug 28, 2009
- Jaycee Dugard To Pen Memoir About Abduction Ordeal - Sep 28, 2010
- Jaycee Dugard's kidnappers 'confess to 18 years of sex abuse' - Mar 02, 2011
- Dugard kidnap suspect Phillip Garrido speaks from jail - Aug 28, 2009
- After 18 years as hostage, woman releases first video - Mar 06, 2010
- 18 years of captivity still haunts US woman - Aug 26, 2010
- Jaycee Dugard: Kidnapped At 11, Found 18 Years Later - Aug 28, 2009
Tags: apologised, berkeley police, bus stop, garrido, gellman, jaycee, lake tahoe, parole officer, police employees, registered sex offender, religious event, remorse, sexual deviancy, sexual problem, south lake tahoe, spirit of christ, two girls, university of california berkeley, wife nancy, would like people