US F-16 fighter crashes off JapanJuly 22nd, 2012 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, July 22 (IANS) A US F-16 fighter jet crashed into the sea Sunday off Japan’s northern Hokkaido prefecture but the pilot ejected safely, Xinhua reported.
The pilot was later rescued by a Japanese vessel.
The aircraft that left the Misawa base in northeastern Japan at 9 a.m. for Alaska fell into the Pacific Ocean around 11.30 a.m., according to Japan’s defence ministry.
- Japanese tsunami ship drifting to Canada - Mar 25, 2012
- Two U.S. Marines rescued after fighter jet crashes off San Diego, CA - Aug 11, 2011
- Strong quake hits Japan - Mar 27, 2012
- Hundreds dead as devastating quake, tsunami hit Japan (Second Intro Roundup) - Mar 12, 2011
- Pakistani fighter jet crashes - Aug 16, 2011
- Fighter's fuel tank falls to ground - Oct 07, 2011
- India, Japan to hold joint naval exercises - Jun 05, 2012
- Japan says Chinese military aircraft more aggressive since September - Dec 31, 2010
- Pilot Missing in F-22 Crash ID'd by Air Force as Capt. Jeffrey Haney - Nov 19, 2010
- 6.5 magnitude quake rocks northeastern Japan, tsunami warning lifted - Mar 28, 2011
- Japan hit by massive quake, tsunami, 200-300 killed (Roundup) - Mar 11, 2011
- Fresh blast in Japan n-plant; 2,000 more bodies found (Third Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Japan shaken: survivors look for missing kin, n-meltdown feared (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Yet another MiG-21 crashes, pilot bails out - Oct 07, 2011
- Su-30 fighter crashes in Russia, crew safe - Feb 28, 2012