US embassy attack: 94 Tunisians to face trialSeptember 21st, 2012 - 8:18 am ICT by IANS
Tunis, Sep 21 (IANS) At least 94 people arrested for their involvement in an attack on the US embassy here in the capital of Tunisia will be tried in a military court, Xinhua reported.
A prosecutor at Tunis’ first instance tribunal decided Thursday to transfer the files of the 94 accused to the military court, according to Shems FM.
The defendants’ lawyers protested the decision, arguing that a military court could not prosecute civilians.
Four people were killed and 48 injured when an angry mob protesting against an anti-Islam film attacked the US embassy compound last week.
- Ben Ali's former advisor held in Tunis - Sep 04, 2012
- Tunisia extradites ex-Libyan prime minister - Jun 25, 2012
- French embassies face closure over prophet's cartoon - Sep 20, 2012
- Russian telecom operator blocks YouTube - Sep 20, 2012
- UN chief slams `hateful film', calls for calm - Sep 14, 2012
- US on alert as protests over anti-Islam video spread (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
- 36 injured in anti-Islam film protest in Islamabad (Second Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Army called in to protect Islamabad diplomatic enclave - Sep 20, 2012
- Mohammed Film Protests Sweep Muslim World - Sep 15, 2012
- US prosecutors file fresh charges against 9/11 suspects - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,