US drone crashes in SeychellesDecember 13th, 2011 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
Victoria, Dec 13 (IANS) A US drone Tuesday crashed at the Seychelles International Airport after the aircraft developed engine problems, an official said.
The US Air Force remote-piloted MQ-9 drone crashed at the airport in Mahe island while trying to land, Lina Laurence, spokesperson of the the Seychelles Civil Aviation Authority, told Xinhua.
Mahe is around 11 km from Seychelles capital Victoria.
The spokesperson said the crash was most likely caused by an engine problem.
An investigation was done by US military personnel, she said.
The aircraft was on a routine patrol and there were no report of injuries to any one.
Earlier this month, the US lost a drone after it crashed in Iran. Iran Tuesday said it would not return the aircraft as it was now Tehran’s property.
- Downed US drone is Iran's property: Minister - Dec 13, 2011
- US gives up plan to retrieve drone downed in Iran: Report - Dec 08, 2011
- Iran to unveil new home-made UAV - Jan 30, 2012
- Iran to put captured foreign drones on display - Dec 18, 2011
- Fighter jet crashes in northwestern India, killing the pilot - Aug 02, 2011
- US unveils surveillance aircraft - Jun 16, 2012
- Etihad Airways starts service to Seychelles - Nov 07, 2011
- Mahindra's malaria fund-raising plane reaches Bangalore - Jun 26, 2010
- Iran to decide downed US drone's fate - Dec 18, 2011
- U.S. pilot among three killed in small plane crash in Indonesia - Sep 22, 2011
- Iran holds funeral for air crash victims - Jan 11, 2011
- Iran to use UAVs to guard its borders - Oct 03, 2011
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, both pilots safe - Feb 24, 2012
- India positions naval aircraft in Seychelles - Feb 24, 2011
- Pakistan grounds all private jets for checks - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: civil aviation authority, crash, crashes, drone, iran iran, mahe island, military personnel, routine patrol, seychelles international airport, spokesperson, tehran, us air force, victoria, xinhua