US diver jump into kids’ paddling pool from 36ft to set new world recordMarch 17th, 2011 - 12:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 17 (ANI): A US shallow diver broke his own world record by diving from more than 36ft into a kids’ paddling pool containing only 12 inches of water.
Throwing out 137 gallons as he hit the freezing water in Trondheim, Norway, Darren Taylor’s jump was his 13th Guinness certified record.
Taylor, from Denver, Colorado, uses a specially adapted diving technique to lessen the impact of his body on the water by spreading it out.
Landing in just a tiny puddle of near-freezing water, he is the world’s greatest and most decorated shallow water diver.
Taylor known as ‘Professor Splash’ has been high diving for more than 25 years.
“The bottom of the paddling pool is not inflated, because that would be against Guinness rules,” the Daily Mail quoted Taylor as saying.
“However, there are a couple of foam mats underneath the pool. Believe me, jumping and landing as flat as possible in 12 inches of water is tough enough as it is,” he said. (ANI)
- Shallow diver aims for 40ft jump landing in 12in-deep water record! - Sep 04, 2008
- Chandigarh brothers become youngest sea-divers - Apr 22, 2011
- Diver keeps Mexico City's sewage flowing - Aug 24, 2012
- Indian roller skater breaks world record - Jul 27, 2012
- Naval divers set national deep sea diving record (With image) - Feb 16, 2011
- A robot that walks on water! - Jul 29, 2012
- Navy Divers set national record for deep diving - Feb 17, 2011
- Filmmaker Kunal Kohli now a certified diver - Apr 12, 2010
- 1,500 World War II-era shells found in US - Oct 25, 2010
- Leisurely sea diving hurt dinos - Aug 17, 2012
- Why Is Sameera Reddy Staying Under Water For Long? - Nov 23, 2010
- Rs.5 crore damages for Australian challenged - Jul 19, 2011
- Navy's diving salvage exercise begins near Port Blair - Jan 05, 2011
- Weatherman forecasts cold week for Kashmir - Apr 26, 2012
- Pupfish's 'Tsunami' struggle captured on video for first time - May 12, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,