US denounces Delhi bomb blastSeptember 8th, 2011 - 2:37 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Sep 8 (IANS) The US Wednesday denounced the bomb blast in the Indian capital as a “cowardly attack” and said it stood with India in confronting the global challenge of terrorism.
At least 11 people were killed and 91 were injured in the blast at the Delhi High Court.
State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said the US “condemns in the strongest terms” the deadly bombing and extends its deepest condolences to those affected by the “cowardly attacks”.
“Terrorism is a scourge that affects us all and the United States stands with India in confronting this global challenge,” she said in a statement.
“The US government continues to monitor the situation, including the safety and security of our citizens, and stands ready to offer any and all assistance to Indian authorities,” she added.
Earlier, US Charge d’Affaires Peter Burleigh condemned the attack in a statement saying: “On behalf of all Americans, I extend deep condolences to the government of India and the families of those harmed in this (Wednesday) morning’s attacks on the New Delhi High Court.”
“The US remains shoulder to shoulder with India in the fight against terror, and will provide whatever assistance possible to help bring the perpetrators of this heinous crime to justice,” he added.
Delhi was put on high alert with security beefed up across the city after the blast.
- US conveys solidarity over Delhi bombing - Sep 08, 2011
- 'US shoulder-to-shoulder with India against terror' - Sep 07, 2011
- Delhi blast: World rallies to India's support (Roundup) - Sep 07, 2011
- No change in Hillary Clinton's India visit: US envoy - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbai blasts: Israel says resilience will prevail - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbai terror: World leaders rally in solidarity (Roundup) - Jul 14, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills 55 at Shiite shrine in Kabul - Dec 07, 2011
- EU condemns attacks on Israeli diplomats - Feb 14, 2012
- US offers assistance to investigate Varanasi blast - Dec 08, 2010
- Bollywood mourns for victims of Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Canada stands by India, says terrorism is 'alive and active' - Jul 14, 2011
- Delhi blast a heinous attack: Sarkozy - Sep 07, 2011
- PM writes to Medvedev, condemns Moscow blasts (Lead) - Mar 29, 2010
- India not to succumb to terrorism: PM - Sep 07, 2011
- China, Indonesia condemn Delhi terror attack - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,