U.S. Defense Secretary, Robert Gates, Journeys To Iraq As The Combat Assignment Of America ConcludesSeptember 1st, 2010 - 3:36 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Washington, September 1, 2010 (Just Flashed): The Defense Secretary of America happens to be Robert Gates. Therefore, he is also the boss of the Pentagon. Gates happens to be the fourteenth Cabinet member in the political chronology to function under two Presidents of opposing parties. He is also the first to achieve this feat as the Secretary of Defense. Gates has now touched down at Iraq to interact with the American soldiers as they officially pull the plug on their combat assignment in Iraq, which commenced in March 2003.
The aircraft of Gates arrived at the Al-Asad Air Base in Iraq merely a few hours subsequent to the American President, Barack Obama, speechifying to the American populace that it was time to turn the page on Iraq. He uttered that the commission of America in Iraq will now undergo transformation. The Al-Asad Air Base happens to be approximately 100 miles west of the Iraqi capital, Baghdad.
Fewer than 50,000 American military personnel remain in Iraq now. This statistic has diminished from in excess of 165,000 at the pinnacle of the skirmishing in Iraq from 2005-2008. The members of the American services, which have been left behind in Iraq, will have to execute the primary commission of assisting the Iraqi military over the next year. These remaining American military personnel will have to school the Iraqi soldiers rigorously to render them fit for the management of security in Iraq. The Iraqi forces will have to be readied for handling the commission of securing their nation from the spitefulness of the terrorists. The threat of terrorism still lurks over Iraq.
Gates soared to Iraq from Milwaukee. In Milwaukee, on Tuesday, he voiced to a crowd, who were, mostly, members of the American Legion, that Iraq’s troubles had not been wholly exterminated. However, Gates asserted that he was satisfied and delighted on account of the several achievements of the American forces in Iraq and their Iraqi confederates.
- Just Flashed News Service
- American Soldier Exterminated In A Rocket Strike In Iraq - Aug 23, 2010
- Barack Obama Intends To Execute A Substantial Speech On Iraq In The Near Future - Aug 23, 2010
- U.S. President, Barack Obama, To Not Employ The Phrase, 'Mission Accomplished', In His Crucial Speech On Tuesday About Iraq - Aug 31, 2010
- Robert Gates Expresses His Endorsement For The Cancellation Of The Potential Burning Of The Koran - Sep 09, 2010
- U.S. officially ends nearly nine-year-long war in Iraq - Dec 15, 2011
- US military hands over former headquarters to Iraq - Dec 02, 2011
- American service member killed in northern Iraq - Jan 17, 2011
- Iraqis stage demonstration after Gates 'US military to stay for years' remark - Apr 10, 2011
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- US officials redraw Iraqi troops training plan - Oct 09, 2011
- 4 American Soldiers Massacred By A Bomb Detonation In Eastern Afghanistan - Aug 31, 2010
- Bomb targeting U.S. convoy in Iraq injures Pakistani driver - Mar 01, 2011
- All US troops out of Iraq - Dec 18, 2011
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden arrives in Baghdad on surprise visit - Jul 03, 2010
- 'Only 17,000 US soldiers left in Iraq' - Nov 25, 2011
Tags: al asad air base, america in iraq, american legion, american populace, american president, american soldiers, asad air base, barack obama, cabinet member, defense secretary, iraqi capital, iraqi forces, iraqi soldiers, journeys, military personnel, political chronology, robert gates, secretary of defense, secretary of defense gates, secretary robert