US couple try to sell baby for $25June 25th, 2010 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 25 (IANS) An American couple have been arrested for trying to sell their six-month-old baby for $25 outside a department store, police said.
Patrick Fousek, 38, and Samantha Tomasini, 20, were detained after Fousek allegedly approached two women outside a Walmart store and asked if they would like to buy his child.
The women initially thought Fousek was joking, but when he became persistent, they became suspicious and reported it to police.
“They did an outstanding job and gave our officers good information. I don’t know if they’re mothers but they definitely had that instinct to help,” police officer Lalo Villegas was quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.
Fousek and Tomasini were arrested from their home, and police said the couple were high on methamphetamine and the house was in disarray.
Tomasini also told Child Protective Services that she had breast-fed the infant while under the influence of narcotics, Villegas said citing a police report.
The couple now face child endangerment charges. Fousek was also served with an extra charge of violating probation, although Villegas did not give details of his previous crime.
- Police called into Walmart store over a bleach fight - Oct 10, 2011
- Child brings in crack drugs to a 'show and tell' show at school - Sep 21, 2011
- Six foreigners held in Malaysian drug bust - Nov 21, 2011
- 12 Africans arrested in Thailand for drug racket - Feb 29, 2012
- US man offers to swap his child for beer - May 19, 2010
- Wal-Mart Hit By Shoplifting Amidst Cyber Monday Sales Season - Nov 28, 2010
- Parents held as toddler consumes cocaine - Sep 30, 2011
- Boy arrested for raping six-month-old child - Jun 10, 2011
- 'Drunk' dad leaves 3-year-old son in car for 25 hours - Oct 19, 2010
- Man dressed in cow suit robs milk at Walmart - Apr 29, 2011
- Shocking pic of duct-taped baby leads to US mum's arrest - Feb 18, 2011
- Sixth Goa policeman arrested for drugs mafia links - May 13, 2010
- Man tries to pay with $1M bill at Walmart - Jan 04, 2012
- Protest against Bihar police firing - Jun 13, 2011
- 18,000 drug suspects arrested in China - Jun 10, 2011
Tags: american couple, breast, child endangerment charges, child protective services, daily mail, department store, disarray, fousek, instinct, job, methamphetamine, month old baby, narcotics, police officer, police report, samantha, two women, violating probation, walmart, walmart store