US considers putting North Korea back on terrorist listJune 8th, 2009 - 1:09 am ICT by IANS
Washington, June 7 (DPA) The US is considering putting North Korea back on its terrorist blacklist in light of the communist country’s recent nuclear tests and missile launches, US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said in an interview broadcast Sunday.
Clinton told US broadcaster ABC that Pyongyang’s latest actions were “very provocative and belligerent” and possible grounds for reinstating North Korea on the list from which it was removed last October.
“Obviously they were taken off the list for a purpose and that purpose is being thwarted by their actions,” Clinton told ABC.
The US administration hopes that Pyongyang will interpret the message of warning positively and persuade them to make some concessions regarding their nuclear programme.
Several US Congress members have been pressing for North Korea’s reinstatement to the list of states that provide support for acts of international terrorism.
- G-8 urges North Korea to cancel rocket launch - Apr 13, 2012
- North Korea's satellite plan provocative: US - Mar 16, 2012
- North Korea launches long-range rocket: reports (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Clinton urges global response to Pyongyang 'provocation' (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- US applauds North Korea's statement about no n-test - Jun 12, 2012
- Sentencing of journalists escalates North Korea-US tensions (Lead) - Jun 09, 2009
- North Korea all set to launch satellite: Official (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- `North Koreans to try next missile launch in 2-3 years' - Apr 13, 2012
- North Korea warns of nuclear response to military drills - Jul 24, 2010
- 'Japan can crash North Korea satellite if needed' - Mar 18, 2012
- US working with allies to cut off North Korean arms, nuke technology shipments - Jun 08, 2009
- Foreign observers for North Korean satellite launch - Mar 18, 2012
- US welcomes North Korean invitation to n-experts - Mar 20, 2012
- 'China keen on economic stability with N. Korea than condemning its nuke program' - Dec 08, 2010
- US suspends food aid to North Korea (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: abc, acts, broadcast, broadcaster, communist country, concessions, hillary rodham clinton, international terrorism, list of states, missile, north korea, nuclear tests, pyongyang, reinstatement, secretary of state, us congress members, us secretary of state