US blacklists Lebanon explosives expertNovember 23rd, 2011 - 3:48 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Nov 23 (IANS) The US state department has blacklisted an explosives expert of a Lebanon-based militant group.
Ibrahim Suleiman Hamad Al-Hablain, who works for the Abdullah Azzam Brigades, is a Saudi citizen currently wanted for extradition by the Saudi government for participating in extremist activities abroad, Xinhua reported citing a statement.
The man — also known as Abu Jabal — is also the subject of an Interpol notice issued in February 2009 for activities related to terrorism, the statement said.
According to media reports, the outfit claimed responsibility for the July 2010 bombing of a Japanese oil tanker as well as for firing rockets into Israel from Lebanon.
- Al Qaeda-linked group says it attacked Japanese oil tanker - Aug 04, 2010
- Al Qaeda group claims rocket fire on Israel - Oct 30, 2009
- Militants behead owner, watchmen of NATO convoy parking lot in Khyber Agency - Apr 02, 2011
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- India-Saudi Arabia to enhance defence cooperation - Sep 10, 2012
- Pakistan is in flat denial about Dawood: India - Sep 30, 2011
- UAE leaders meet foreign counterparts - Jan 03, 2012
- 'Terrorists may get hold of Syrian chemical weapons' - Jun 12, 2012
- End terrorism, says GCC as its summit concludes (Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Iran bolstering its position as political balance shifts and shakes in Arab world - Feb 24, 2011
- Five Palestinians killed in Israeli airstrike - Oct 30, 2011
- Pakistan should hand over Dawood to India: Krishna - Oct 05, 2011
- CBI officers get tips on probes abroad - Jul 14, 2011
- Netanyahu discusses peace moves with Jordan king - Jul 27, 2010
- Hezbollah denies having chemical weapons - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: abdullah azzam brigades, citizen, explosives expert, extradition, extremist activities, hamad, ibrahim suleiman, israel, jabal, lebanon, militant group, oil tanker, rockets, saudi government, terrorism, us state department, xinhua