US artist uses nude models for her stunning floral creationsMarch 2nd, 2011 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 2 (ANI): An artist in the US has turned her pictures she took of nude models into stunning floral creations with the help of her computer.
Artist Cecelia Webber, 25, from Los Angeles, California, carefully poses her models to produce the shapes she requires and then digitally cuts, rotates and colours the bodies and limbs to create her finished images.
In a typical piece, which sells for up to 500 pounds, an arm may be the stem, a hand the seed and several legs the petals.
Webber has created incredibly realistic blue bells, dandelions, maple leaves, sunflowers and cherry blossom, among many others, and she takes up to two months photographing and editing each image.
“I was taking a series of nude photographs and was particularly struck by one that looked a great deal like a petal,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“I wondered if I would be able to create a full flower from it and began experimenting from there.
“It can take a great deal of time to get the correct photograph and I often take more than 50 photos of a single pose to bring what I see in my head into reality.
“My process is very organic and involves a great deal of experimentation. An image can take up to two months to produce, though the time varies greatly depending on the complexity of the piece.
“I typically plan the poses I photograph, but I am always watching for unexpected forms that come about as a result of the process.
“Nudity is sometimes thought of as shameful thing, inspiring guilt or fear, but I hope to encourage people to think differently about their own bodies.
“I have had very good feedback across the board from people and feel very fortunate,” she added. (ANI)
- Kelly Brook's mum defends daughter's full frontal nudity in X-rated mag - Feb 17, 2011
- LiLo shows off boobs in Kate Moss-inspired photoshoot - Sep 18, 2010
- Kelly Brook regrets going topless as teenager - Jan 19, 2012
- No stripping for men's magazine, says Rihanna - Apr 11, 2012
- Kevin Bacon- the Bacon Bust for the highest bidder on eBay - Oct 02, 2010
- Anne Vyalitsyna's Boyfriend Adam Levine Goes Full Monty, Almost! - Jan 07, 2011
- I like my nude photos: Helen Mirren - Jul 01, 2010
- Liz Taylor's 'naked photo embroiled in identity mystery' - Apr 11, 2011
- Monroe's nude pictures surface - Jun 04, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan poses for Kate Moss-Johnny Depp inspired photo shoot - Dec 07, 2009
- No vulgarity in nudity, says Poonam Pandey - Apr 12, 2011
- Indian starlet Sherlyn Chopra to pose for Playboy - Jul 30, 2012
- Liz Taylor's only known nude photo released - Apr 02, 2011
- Peaches Geldof insists she's 'no sex fiend' as nude pics surface - Mar 19, 2011
- Facebook allows breast cancer survivor's scar pictures - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: angeles california, blue bells, cecelia, cherry blossom, complexity, computer artist, daily mail, finished images, floral creations, guilt, maple leaves, nude models, nudity, petals, photograph, pose, shapes, sunflowers, typical piece, webber