US Army’s syc-ops’ on American lawmakers visiting Afghanistan ‘didn’t affect me’: McCainFebruary 28th, 2011 - 3:44 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 28 (ANI): Arizona Senator John McCain has said that the United States Army’s tactics to use psychological operations on U.S. lawmakers visiting Afghanistan did not have any impact on him.
“That’s been tried on me in the past. I don’t see how it could have affected my positions in any way. So we’ll see what happens,” Politico quoted McCain as saying.
The Republican candidate for the 2008 Presidential elections was addressing a Rolling Stone report which claimed that Lieutenant General William Caldwell had ordered a psychological operations group in Afghanistan to use psy-ops tactics on visiting U.S. lawmakers to get them to authorize more money and troops for the war.
The Pentagon has launched an investigation into the issue, as it is illegal for the U.S. military to use psychological operations against American citizens.
“I do know that General Caldwell is a great leader and has done a great job,” “If Sen. X is interested in the following, A, B, C, D and E, and that I think is perfectly legitimate. Now if it went any further than that, I don’t know. General David Petraeus is going to make a full investigation,” McCain added. (ANI)
- Petraeus orders probe into use of 'psych ops' to manipulate US senators for Afghan war - Feb 25, 2011
- Best way to end Pakistan's support for terrorist groups is to win Afghan war: McCain - Mar 16, 2011
- General David Petraeus Faints During Congressional Committee Hearing - Jun 16, 2010
- Progress in Afghanistan like watching 'Paint Dry': General Petraeus - Sep 15, 2010
- Kandahar key to success in Afghan war, say top US lawmaker - Jul 06, 2010
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Petraeus being considered for CIA top job: Report - Apr 05, 2011
- 'Dehydrated' Petraeus slumps during Senate hearing - Jun 16, 2010
- There "possibly could be" military option for foreign forces in Libya: McCain - Feb 28, 2011
- McCain commends Obama on bin Laden killing - May 02, 2011
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Petraeus vows 'relentless' pursuit of Taliban - Jun 30, 2010
- McCain mistakenly says iPads, iPhones are manufactured in US - Mar 07, 2011
- Trump not a "serious" presidential candidate: Republican senator McCain - May 02, 2011
- 2014 Afghan victory not a sure thing: Petraeus - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: 2008 presidential elections, afghanistan, american citizens, arizona senator john mccain, david petraeus, general david petraeus, job, john mccain, lawmakers, lieutenant general, money, ops, pentagon, psychological operations group, republican candidate, rolling stone, senator john mccain, syc, united states army, william caldwell