US Af-Pak envoy Holbrooke hospitalizedDecember 11th, 2010 - 12:31 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 11(ANI): U.S. Special Envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, Richard Holbrooke, was hospitalized on Friday after falling ill during a State Department meeting in Washington.
State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said that Holbrooke was undergoing evaluations in a hospital, but declined to provide details.
According to Politico, the 69-year-old was experiencing medical problems believed to be prompted by a blood clot.
Holbrooke was appointed special envoy by President Barack Obama in the early weeks of his administration, and has traveled frequently to Afghanistan and Pakistan, as well as to other countries that are coordinating with the U.S. on policies toward both countries. (ANI)
- Richard Holbrooke In Critical Condition After Heart Surgery - Dec 12, 2010
- Pakistan praying for Holbrooke's recovery: Qureshi - Dec 12, 2010
- Key Obama aide Holbrooke critical after aorta surgery - Dec 12, 2010
- US appoints Frank Ruggiero as new Af-Pak special envoy - Dec 15, 2010
- Obama describes Holbrooke as 'towering figure', prays for him - Dec 12, 2010
- Richard Holbrooke Passes Away - Dec 15, 2010
- Veteran US Diplomat Richard Holbrooke Passes Away At 69 - Dec 14, 2010
- Zardari sends over flowers, get well message to critically ill Holbrooke - Dec 13, 2010
- Frank Ruggiero replaces Holbrooke as acting US special envoy - Dec 15, 2010
- 'Larger than life': U.S. Ambassador Richard Holbrooke dead at 69 - Dec 14, 2010
- QUOTES -- Reaction to the passing of U.S. Ambassador Richard Holbrooke - Dec 14, 2010
- US diplomat Richard Holbrooke dies at 69 - Dec 14, 2010
- U.S. Ambassador Holbrooke in critical condition following surgery - Dec 11, 2010
- Zardari likely to visit Washington for Holbrooke's Jan 12 memorial service - Jan 01, 2011
- Holbrooke's plane lands in Afghanistan despite small arms fire - Jun 22, 2010