UP cop hit by speeding bus, criticalJune 25th, 2012 - 10:15 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 25 (IANS) A station officer (SO) of the Uttar Pradesh police was mowed down by a speeding roadways bus here, police said.
The incident took place late Sunday at the Cantt road when officer Varun Singh was driving back in motorcycle for night duty.
According to police, the officer was crossing Khandari road when a speeding UP Roadways bus hit him from the front. He was dragged for a few metres.
The officer was rushed to the Balrampur hospital. He was referred to the Trauma Center because of severe loss of blood and “critical head injury”, police said.
He is still critical, said the attending doctors.
Police are on a lookout for the absconding driver and the conductor.
- UP policeman hit by bus, critical (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- Speeding truck mows down 15 in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 22, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Bus crushes traffic cop, cyclist to death, injures another - Jan 24, 2011
- Violence after bus mows down 8-year-old - Jan 24, 2011
- Man killed, brother hurt in Ghaziabad road accident - Jun 23, 2010
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Truck mows four kids, one killed in police firing - Sep 14, 2011
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Locals clash with police after minor's killing - Jul 29, 2011
- Three killed in Chandigarh accident - Jun 19, 2011
- Seven killed in UP bus-car smash - Jul 09, 2012
- Boy's death sparks violence - Jun 09, 2011
- Nine die as bus driver goes berserk in busy Pune (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012