Unseen pics reveal Hitler’s colourful sideSeptember 25th, 2010 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 25 (ANI): Almost 70-year-old pictures of Adolf Hitler reveal a rather fun-filled side of the Nazi leader, which is in complete contrast to his blood-stained dictator image.
Intimate portraits, taken between 1936 and 1941, during the run-up to the Second World War and in its early years, show Hitler laughing with pals at afternoon tea, mingling with adoring girls during a school visit and lounging on the deck of a cruise liner.
They show the German Fuhrer waging charm offensives at Party receptions and showpieces rather than the murderous purges for which he will be forever reviled, reports the Sun.
On seeing the pictures one cannot help but wonder if they belong to the same man, who in 1939 ignited a war which cost 60million lives over six bloody years.
The rarely seen pictures are by his personal photographer Hugo Jaeger, whose skill in colour photography won him a privileged place at Hitler’s side.
Berlin-based Jaeger even captured Hitler’s 50th birthday at his Eagle’s Nest home in the Alps, where the tyrant was presented with a car by German tycoon Ferdinand Porsche.
After the Allied victory in 1945 Jaeger feared for his life so kept his transparencies hidden for years before finally selling them to Life magazine.
They give an incredible technicolor insight into the life of one of history’s darkest figures. (ANI)
- Rare Hitler colour photos found - Jan 12, 2012
- Remains of Hitler's deputy to be destroyed - Jul 21, 2011
- Hitler had a love child, says war soldier's diary - Mar 15, 2012
- Hitler once spared the life of a Jew - his ex-officer - Jul 06, 2012
- The mutt who mimicked the Nazi salute and mocked Hitler - Jan 08, 2011
- Hitler ordered creation of Nazi UFOs to destroy London, New York - Apr 26, 2011
- Revealed: French stained glass window depicting Hitler as King Herod - Jan 17, 2011
- Hitler's Berlin bunker: unseen pictures revealed - May 05, 2010
- Hitler tried to build flying saucers to attack London, New York - Apr 26, 2011
- Never-before-published Hitler photos revealed - Jun 05, 2009
- German man convicted for having Hitler's speech as ring tone - Jul 02, 2010
- Hitler's base up for rent - Jan 19, 2012
- Hitler stole Beetle idea from Jewish engineer: Book - Jan 16, 2012
- Hitler top trump game is in trouble - Feb 08, 2011
- Hitler once worshipped as Vishnu in elite Kolkata homes: Historian - Jun 07, 2010
Tags: 50th birthday, adolf hitler, afternoon tea, allied victory, colour photography, colourful, cruise liner, ferdinand porsche, german fuhrer, home in the alps, intimate portraits, jaeger, nazi leader, old pictures, personal photographer, pictures of adolf hitler, privileged place, purges, second world war, transparencies