University of Texas gunman Colton Tooley commits suicideSeptember 29th, 2010 - 8:02 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sep 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There was a major AK-47 rifle attack on the campus of University of Texas, Austin when one of its students put a ski mask on his face and started shooting at many locations. He finally shot himself, when he went inside the sixth floor of one of the university’s libraries.
Even though the police chased the assailant while he was on the shooting rampage, they didn’t try to open fire on him and there haven’t been any injuries to other people, according to reports by the police.
The dead gunman has been identified as Colton Tooley, who is 19 years old and who was a second year student majoring in math at the university.
The police believed initially that there was an accomplice to the dead gunman but changed their minds and closed the investigation at around 2 pm local time. The initial police assertion that there were multiple gunmen was due to Tooley’s firing of shots at many places at the same time according to Robert Dahlstrom, the top police officer on the university campus.
“No shots were fired by any members of law enforcement, and [the police] have not identified or found any injured third-parties,” according to Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo.
- Gunman Colton Tooley Fires Four Shots, Then Commits Suicide - Sep 29, 2010
- Shots Fired At University of Texas, One Dead, Police Search for Second Gunman - Sep 28, 2010
- Three die in US shopping plaza shootout (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Mass shootings have claimed hundreds of lives in US - Aug 14, 2012
- Three killed in shooting near US varsity (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Delhi girl's murder: Suspect's sketch released - Mar 09, 2011
- Man held after people shot near Texas varsity - Aug 14, 2012
- 'Property, love, depression behind shooting spree' - Sep 08, 2012
- Gunman opens fire in Hollywood before being killed by police - Dec 10, 2011
- Gunman kills 11 students in Brazil school - Apr 07, 2011
- Eight killed, one injured in Ohio shooting spree - Aug 08, 2011
- Gunman kills one, takes another hostage in German town - Jul 05, 2012
- Four killed in mysterious Delhi shooting spree - Sep 07, 2012
- France observes minute of silence for shooting victims - Mar 20, 2012
- Indian American student among wounded in US shooting (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: 19 years, accomplice, ak 47 rifle, art acevedo, assailant, assertion, austin police, colton, gunmen, law enforcement, local time, police officer, rampage, sixth floor, ski mask, texas gunman, third parties, tooley, university of texas, university of texas austin