University Of Illinois Launches Special Campus Crime Tracking WebsiteDecember 18th, 2010 - 8:05 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Dec 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Seems like the journalism students of University Of Illinois are getting all more conscious about the crimes in the society and making special efforts to combat them, in their own way. On Thursday, these students launched a special website that aims to provide crime oriented information on the Champaign-Urbana campus.
Eric Meyer, who is the associate professor of Journalism in the university, said that the website would not only account for the crimes, but also provide research and analysis of them through the website. Recently, the University has undergone an increase in the frequency of crime because of the alteration in the policies about sending criminal alerts. Moreover, the students have also come to the conclusion that there has been an overall increase in crime all over the city. This resulted in the creation of an aura of fear and concern. It has been reported that more than 40 journalism students have been striving for a month to launch this new website successfully. This interactive resource will work under the name of CampusCrime.
The website has been designed quite sensibly and looks very different from the colorful and vibrant layout, that is generally expected out of college students. On the contrary, it gives the top few crime stories in the front page, and provide their follow ups in the other pages. Provision for readers interaction, makes the site all more interesting. Three special pages have been dedicated solely for Victims, Response and Impact. The website has adopted the technique of non linear story telling, to enable the readers to attain a more personal approach before drawing a conclusion.
- University Of Illinois' Classes Remains Suspended Owing To Chicago Blizzard - Feb 02, 2011
- Soy snacks for malnourished Indian kids - Oct 20, 2010
- Delhi University launches web chat facility - Jun 01, 2011
- Family mealtimes play key role in asthmatic kids' health - Feb 04, 2011
- Delhi University on Facebook - May 30, 2011
- Obama names two Indian-Americans to key posts - Jan 27, 2011
- How black holes can be used as models for superconductors - Mar 03, 2011
- Digital textbooks enter US varsity - Feb 28, 2012
- Americans want to stay busy, even if what they do is trivial - Apr 30, 2011
- University of Georgia UGA Takes Penn State's 'Top Party School' Title - Aug 03, 2010
- China busts 600 online criminal gangs - Jul 26, 2012
- Panjab University: Tracking down 'criminal' students - Jun 22, 2011
- Infertile woman and her partner feel defeated, alone - Apr 10, 2010
- US agency funding unique project to boost Indian agriculture - Jul 16, 2012
- Study: More parents are 'redshirting' their kids these days - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: alteration, associate professor, campus crime, champaign urbana, college students, contrary, crimes, eric meyer, follow ups, interaction, interactive resource, journalism students, kar, linear story, meena, personal approach, provision, university of illinois, ups, urbana campus