Unesco to add Bethlehem to World’s Heritage ListJune 30th, 2012 - 12:30 am ICT by IANS
Ramallah, June 29 (IANS) The Unesco Friday decided to include the West Bank city of Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity in world’s heritage list, reported Xinhua citing local media reports.
A Unesco committee, which has been convening in St. Petersburg of Russia since Sunday, is expected to study until July 6 about adding 36 sites from all over the world to its world heritage list, including Bethlehem and the Church of Nativity.
Palestinian news websites reported that the overwhelming majority in the committee had voted Friday in favour of adding Bethlehem, the city worshipped as the birthplace of Jesus and its Church of Nativity to the world list of heritage.
–Indo-Asian New Service
- Islamists attack Timbuktu world heritage site - Jul 01, 2012
- Rio de Janeiro declared World Heritage Site - Jul 03, 2012
- Dozens of Palestinians wounded in clashes with Israeli soldiers - Mar 31, 2012
- China fossil site in World Heritage list - Jul 02, 2012
- Bethlehem receives 1.5 mn tourists in 2011 - Dec 25, 2011
- Doha declaration of Palestinian reconciliation signed - Feb 07, 2012
- Unesco adds nine properties into world heritage list - Jun 28, 2011
- Israel braces for tourist influx on Christmas - Dec 25, 2010
- Zardari to attend NATO summit in Chicago - May 18, 2012
- Unesco adds 25 sites to world heritage list - Jun 29, 2011
- President Abbas expresses hopes Palestinian state would be established by 2011 - Dec 25, 2010
- Fatah holds first conference in 20 years - Aug 04, 2009
- Wildfires smoke forces Siberian airport shut - Jul 14, 2012
- After temples, Goa church wants strict code for tourists - Jun 17, 2011
- China offers to share water management experience - Mar 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,