Unesco lauds Abu Dhabi for culture initiativesOctober 26th, 2011 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
Paris, Oct 26 (IANS/WAM) The Unesco has praised the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage (ADACH) for its contribution to the development of culture and heritage in the Arab world.
Unesco Director-General Irina Bokova met Mohammed Khalaf Al Mazrouei, ADACH director general, at a Unesco conference in Paris, and discussed many issues related to the Abu Dhabi organisation’s cooperation with the UN body.
The Unesco chief praised the efforts made by ADACH to protect, nurture and promote the cultural heritage of Abu Dhabi and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as a whole.
- UAE elected vice-chair of Unesco's intangible heritage assembly - Jul 03, 2010
- UAE donates $2 mn to Unesco fund - Jun 26, 2010
- UAE, UNESCO sign educational agreement - Sep 08, 2012
- UAE becomes Unesco executive board member - Nov 04, 2011
- UAE minister meets Unesco chief - Oct 31, 2011
- Unesco names falconry as heritage of humanity - Nov 17, 2010
- 'Camel beauty contest' kicks off in Abu Dhabi - Jan 30, 2010
- UAE Sadu weaving on Unesco's intangible heritage list - Nov 26, 2011
- UAE welcomes Palestine's Unesco membership - Nov 01, 2011
- UAE Heritage Festival inaugurated - Apr 24, 2012
- UAE to open 140 new mosques in 2011 - Jun 28, 2011
- Play about UAE enthrals Los Angeles - Jul 26, 2011
- UAE to focus on intangible heritage - Sep 20, 2009
- 12 countries want falconry as world's intangible heritage - Aug 19, 2009
- UAE, Cyprus review bilateral ties - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: abu dhabi, arab world, cooperation, cultural heritage, initiatives, irina, khalaf, lauds, mohammed, paris, uae, unesco, unesco chief, unesco conference, unesco director general, united arab emirates