Unesco adds 25 sites to world heritage listJune 29th, 2011 - 3:47 am ICT by IANS
Paris, June 29 (IANS) Twenty-five new sites have been added to the Unesco World Heritage List, Xinhua reported Tuesday.
The World Heritage Committee, responsible for the implementation of the World Heritage Convention, adds new sites to the list every year.
The list now has 936 properties, including 183 natural, 725 cultural and 28 mixed sites.
This year, a total of 35 nominations, including natural, cultural and mixed properties have been reviewed by the committee during its 10-day meeting from June 19.
Indonesia’s Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra and Rio Platano Biosphere Reserve in Honduras were added to the World Heritage List in Danger, while India’s Manas wildlife sanctuary was removed from that list.
- Manas sanctuary no longer a world heritage site 'in danger' - Jun 22, 2011
- Unesco adds nine properties into world heritage list - Jun 28, 2011
- Rio de Janeiro declared World Heritage Site - Jul 03, 2012
- US Everglades, Madagascar forests added to UNESCO's endangered list - Aug 01, 2010
- Chinese ancient liquor breweries eye heritage list - Jul 11, 2012
- Great Himalayan National Park vies for World Heritage status - Jun 13, 2012
- UNESCO meet on new World Heritage List begins - Jul 26, 2010
- One-horned rhino killed in Assam - May 23, 2012
- Islamists attack Timbuktu world heritage site - Jul 01, 2012
- Western Ghats put on World Heritage Site list - Jul 02, 2012
- New sites on world heritage list soon - Jul 23, 2010
- Unesco adds new sites to world heritage list - Jun 25, 2011
- Unesco to add Bethlehem to World's Heritage List - Jun 30, 2012
- Gogoi pushes for World Heritage tag for Assam river island - May 12, 2012
- New committee to oversee world heritage sites - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: biosphere reserve, honduras, implementation, India, indonesia, june 29, manas wildlife sanctuary, paris, rio platano biosphere, sumatra, tropical rainforest, unesco, unesco world heritage, unesco world heritage list, world heritage committee, world heritage convention, world heritage list, xinhua