UN special envoy ends Myanmar missionFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Yangon, Feb 3 (Xinhua) United Nations Special Envoy Ibrahim Gambari Tuesday ended his four-day mission here shortly after meeting Myanmar Prime Minister General Thein Sein, diplomatic sources said. Over the last three days, Gambari, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s special adviser on Myanmar, twice met the government’s team led by Information Minister Brigadier-General Kyaw Hsan.
He has met Aung San Suu Kyi, 63, who has been under house arrest at her lakeside residence since May 30, 2003.
Gambari also met Foreign Minister U. Nyan Win, Liaison Minister U. Aung Kyi, Minister of National Planning and Economic Development U. Soe Tha and Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation Major-General Htay Oo.
- Cabinet reshuffle in Myanmar - Aug 27, 2012
- Suu Kyi told PM about `difficulties' - May 30, 2012
- Myanmar president meets leaders of 14 political parties - Aug 04, 2012
- France, Myanmar hold talks - Jan 16, 2012
- Myanmar president meets UN chief - Apr 30, 2012
- Zardari visits Myanmar - Jan 25, 2012
- UN chief meets Suu Kyi - May 01, 2012
- Ban arrives in Myanmar - Apr 29, 2012
- Cameron to meet Suu Kyi in Myanmar - Apr 10, 2012
- Indian Navy chief meets Myanmar president - Aug 26, 2011
- UN special rapporteur on human rights visits Myanmar - Feb 15, 2010
- Manmohan meets Suu Kyi, hails India ties (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Canadian foreign minister visits Myanmar - Mar 08, 2012
- Myanmar President Thein Sein: Tough army man turned reformist - May 28, 2012
- Krishna wraps up Myanmar engagement; focus on capacity building (Roudnup) - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: aung kyi, aung san suu kyi, ban ki moon, brigadier general, diplomatic sources, foreign minister, house arrest, htay, ibrahim gambari, information minister, kyaw, lakeside residence, minister general, minister of agriculture, national planning, san suu kyi, soe, thein, un secretary general, xinhua