UN favours resumption of India-Pakistan dialogueFebruary 11th, 2009 - 1:11 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Feb.11 (ANI): United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon has asked for resumption of bilateral talks between India and Pakistan.
Addressing media persons at a monthly press conference, Moon said the resumption of dialogue between both countries is very important for establishing peace in the region.
Referring to his recent visit to Islamabad and New Delhi, Moon said the leaderships of both nations have assured of full co-operation with each other in connection with the Mumbai terror attack probe.
I am reasonably relieved and also gratified that the leaders of the two countries had committed to fully co-operate with each other in investigating the Mumbai terror attacks, The Daily Times quoted Moon, as saying.
Commenting on Pakistans probe, Moon said he had asked Islamabad to work with New Delhi on the investigations. (ANI)
- Afghan situation cause for alarm, concern: UN chief - Apr 27, 2012
- Mumbai attacks accused must be brought to justice: UN chief - Apr 27, 2012
- UN chief condemns Pakistan bombing - Jan 11, 2012
- India, Pakistan defer signing of visa pact, discuss 26/11 (Second Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Resolve Kashmir issue peacefully: UN chief - Apr 27, 2012
- Trust India to strengthen ties with neighbours: UN chief (Lead)(With Image) - Apr 27, 2012
- UN chief condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- UN chief condemns Pakistan school bus attack - Sep 14, 2011
- UN chief condemns Nigeria terror attack - Jan 22, 2012
- India-led UN body urges zero-tolerance towards terrorism - Sep 29, 2011
- UN's Ban commends Sudan and South Sudan on political progress - Mar 17, 2012
- UN chief condemns Pakistan killings - Feb 29, 2012
- UN General Assembly chief heading to India - Feb 14, 2012
- India cannot prove JuD's link with 26/11 attack: Hafiz Saeed - Apr 26, 2011
- UN chief Ban Ki-moon arrives in India - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: ban ki moon, bilateral talks, dialogue, favours, india and pakistan, india pakistan, investigations, islamabad, leaderships, media persons, New Delhi, peace, resumption, terror attack, united nations, united nations secretary general